You ever felt like you just needed someone?

So my girlfriend and I have been together for over 4 months and it's been interesting. I've gone through the whole falling in love and thinking she's perfect stage and I can't really tell if she has. She's very closed with her feelings about me, the only way I can tell that she likes me is through the fact that she cares and hasn't broken up with me. Anyway, I'm through falling in love and I don't know if I still love her or maybe I do, but I've just started to get comfortable with it and her. I hope the latter is the case. SO now I'm thinking that maybe she's just one of those people that I just NEED. You know what I mean? Because maybe it's just because I'm surrounded with the wrong people, but I can't really imagine being with anyone else right now. She fits most of the things I like in a girl and then some. I mean the two of us are still pretty casual right now, in fact some days I feel like our relationship is just take it or leave it, but I also can't break up with her. Has anybody else felt like this? If so, what did you do about it and what do you think it's all about?

If in just four months you fell in love and then lost it again... maybe it was never really there in the first place. It's possible what you felt was just infatuation.

The only thing you can do to clarify your feelings for her is to give the relationship more time.

I felt that way with my ex. I felt like I was the only one that needed to be with him and he shouldn't have anyone else due to the fact that we had a very strong connection between us and that I actually fell in love with him (he happened to be my first love). Fortunately, he didn't feel that way with me and he moved on rather quickly. I don't think I dealt with that feeling properly until I found out that he was out of my life for good. Telling myself that I really didn't need him and that he didn't need me was the way I finally dealt with it. A negative story I know but that was the experience that I had. I hope that your relationship with your gf doesn't go down the path that I took.

Archived