My bf does everything for/with me but never calls me!

sixxy

My bf of one month is being really nice to me, he sees me two to three times a week, cooks for me in his house, takes me to places, invites me to stay at his place when I had a problem with my roommate, etc. And he emailed me almost everyday when he's in business trip and texts me now everyday. The problem is...he NEVER calls me! Back when we were dating, he always scheduled the next date through texts and confirmed with me at the date day through texts again.

I thought he might be that kind of guy who hates talking on the phone, but then one day when he was in his business trip, he told me he talked to his family for five hours the day before! Also, when we were packing for his trip in his room, he called his mate and chatted about his trip, then he said 'I'm packing with MY GIRLFRIEND xxx' just like girls talking to each other on phone.

I know I can easily talk to him about this, but I don't want to be like 'how comes you never call me??' And I know I can call him, but I really need to know why he's not calling first, maybe that means a very high level of intimacy for him?

Should I be concerne? Is it normal for guys?

I don't see the big deal. I don't talk on the phone... except to my mother, but it's more out of obligation. Sometimes those calls last an hour or more... family phone calls are a bit different, I think.

He probably just figures seeing you 3x a week, plus e-mail, etc is plenty.

I don't think it's a problem at all. Family calls are very different and maybe his friend asked him to call him back and he did? It seems he treats you very well and communicates, even if its texts and emails, i think you're worrying over nothing. if it bothers you so much, try calling him more and maybe he'll return the favor as well.

Maybe since he feels you two see each other enough that talking on the phone isn't necessary? He probably does not like idle phone chat. His family is different -maybe he doesn't see them as often which warranted that long phone call.

If you two are as close as you say asking him about this should not be uncomfortable. You don't have to be confrontational, just ask. He might be able to clear it up very simply.

I say don't sweat it. If he is doing everything else in a manner you really like, why worry about something so insignificant? And if in your mind it IS significant, you need to ask him.

Maybe he doesn't see his mate as often as he does you and that is why he called him?

Hi everyone! Thanks so much for your posts, I texted him last night asking if I could call me (since I had too much to say that couldn't put it all in one text). And he replied "oh yes, give me a ring!" Then I called and we talked on phone about my doctor appointments, his new business ideas and our plan for this Sat. I didn't realize at all that we talked for an hour when said goodbye...I think it's great! And I don't really need a call everyday, some texts here and there would be all fine for me, and a relatively long call between two dates would be perfectly fine.

Thanks again everyone!

Archived