Ever look at your own posts to see what kind of person you are now? INTERESTING!

so i just got back onto link removed after almost 3 years. I searched my username and saw posts i had made about 3 years ago when i was seeing this one girl. I was reading the posts last night to see how much i have changed overtime. I remember saying i would never find anyone else, this girl was the love of my life, how this and why that. I was such a mess. I feel like i hav matured more since than. Ironically after that I was dating one girl for 2 1/2 years and now that has come to an end. Although hurt, Im taking it day by day. Point i guess im trying to make is i was reading my old posts not to bring back old feelings, i was just trying to see how i had changed in relationships since then. I feel like im alot more mature in handling the situation even though i do miss her.

One way ive changed is Im really sticking to the NC thing. Last time it was imposssible to do. Im giving her space and not chasing like i did last time. Im not leading myself on like i did last time or hoping and stringing myself on. I was 24 then now im almost 28. Anyone else ever feel like they have matured over time and are a different person. Anyone else ever read their old posts over time just to see what kind of person u were back then? just curious guys!

That is a good idea.. Im just going through the break up so I am hoping in a few months I can look back on this and say, what the heck was I thinking.

we broke up 6 weeks ago. we have been going back and forth on working it out, then not working it out.. Now he has stopped talking to me all together.. (since Friday) Its upsetting but like you said i think i was leading myself on into thinking we would work. stringing myself and emotions along because letting go seems harder.

I am glad you are taking one day at a time, I am going to be 29, the ex just turned 25, maybe its all in the maturity level.

I can tell you that for me, I've regressed. ;-)

A bit of regression, a touch of progression, a scoop of memory lane and a pinch of insight. Life can certainly be cyclical, that is for sure.

What is funny for me is noticing the things I have complained about or been hurt by with past loves, that now other people complain about with me. Some sick version of pay it forward maybe? In a way I've learned to have perspective though finally... to see things from the other side of the fence.

I would say it is definitely true that I have learned a lot, and there are mistakes I am certainly not making again, even if I'm now making entirely new ones that I may never have made before.

I've come a long way, and sure... sometimes it is nice to look back and be reminded.

But at the same time... this journey ain't over.

Yes, I too have read old posts... But most of my feelings are usually "I can't believe I was that stupid!" lol. Seriously... some of the answers to the questions we post here when we're upset are just so blatantly obvious...

I felt that too, and I also felt a bit humiliated because of how whiney I was about getting back together with my ex. I was all "why is he ignoring me? why is he doing this?" ](*,)

whiney I was about getting back together with my ex. I was all "why is he ignoring me? why is he doing this?" ](*,)

That is how I was for the past 6 weeks.. now hes completely ignoring me!! I dont understand why hes doing that.... UGH..

I guess being whiney isn't attractive and can be annoying.

That is how I was for the past 6 weeks.. now hes completely ignoring me!! I dont understand why hes doing that.... UGH..

I guess being whiney isn't attractive and can be annoying.

Lemme tell you the weird thing jenmar, when I started ignoring him, he started contacting me. His reason? "I seem to be okay now."

The strange thing about that is when I was trying to contact him, I never once told him that I want to get back together with him even though I did. I guess it's true that dumpers have this strange way of knowing if you still want them?

Gosh, whenever my friends mention what happened between me and my ex we all just laugh about it now. It seems totally strange and they were all "I can't believe you/he did that!"

I don't have old posts, but I do have e-mails, pictures, etc. that I have put away in a box out of sight, but I pull them out once in a blue moon and just analyze. I think I have carried the same bad habits around from one relationship to the next, but I learned that I have survived heartache and can pull through. That is the most valuable thing I have learned.

Lemme tell you the weird thing jenmar, when I started ignoring him, he started contacting me. His reason? "I seem to be okay now."!"

Sometimes I think its better this way, It makes me sad that he said he wanted to work it out.. but I haven't heard from him since friday- and our conversation friday was ok.

Now I am left wondering if he met someone else.. or if he just felt that things weren't progressing so not speaking to me is better.

Idk. It sucks.

Archived