Zoloft

I wanted to see if I could gather any information on Zoloft. I know people react differently to it, but if anyone's had any personal experience with it I'd like to know as I'm considering starting on it. Age would contribute a lot, too.

When I was 25 I was laid off & simultaneously went through a difficult break up. I started seeing a Dr. for depression. I was prescribed Zoloft. Initially, I felt that Zoloft made me feel sort of aggitated. I told my Dr. I wanted to stop taking it but she explained that the effects of Zoloft (as with many anti depressants) were cumulative and I would not actually experience the benefits for a few weeks. I stuck with it, the side effects faded quickly & it helped. It didn't completely rid me of all sadness or anything, but it did help me manange it. Then, after I'd recovered from the break up, I remember it contributed to an over all feeling of light heartedness & well being that I hadn't felt before. After a year (and making some positive life changes) I went off the Zoloft.

If I ever find myself going through difficult times again, I know I'll be able to use Zoloft as a tool in my recovery.

That's pretty close to my age. Do you mind if I asked what these "sexual difficulties" were? And why did you it stop after a year?

I found it difficult to achieve orgasm.

After some time, both my physician and therapist believed that zoloft was too activating for me. This was due to the activating effects of the drug itself as well as my sensitivity to the drug. I forgot to mention that the other side effect I experienced was mild insomnia. In the end, I found that Lexapro suited me better.

Ive taken prozac, zoloft and celexa. Celexa was my favorite and seemed to have the least side affects for me...I think its different for each person...They all made me a little bit air headed...Kinda aloof, but they did help in my emotional pain and to see and understand things more rationally, which I really needed at the time..I like to advocate natural healing and that getting through tough time naturally, but if you are at the point you are in so much pain and can hardly get out of bed in the morning (like I was) it really does help, in a strange subtle way....All of those are SSRI's (selective seritonin reuptake inhibitors) they take about a month to start being affect

Archived