Flirting with teacher..

Shudder

So from the beginning I know it may sound like a bad idea.. but there is a teacher in my school that i've been somewhat interested in for a while. I just haven't done anything but kept it strictly school for the last little while.

I'm graduating soon (around june).. and when close to doing so I wouldn't mind seeing if she's free for something (if she's single then). just now its a bad idea because of school polices etc..

would it be un-wise for me to start flirting with her? I actually did a little bit of it today when i saw her.. she has a poker face most of the time so it's pretty hard to break the ice sometimes

any recommendations?

Her poker face is likely professionalism. I doubt you will 'break' her ice because that ice is just her keeping a platonic teacher/student relationship.

I really wouldn't advise flirting. Once you are out of her class completely and even out of school, then maybe try again.

I applaud teacher's who keep it 'real' with their students (as in 'real' professional). With all of the drama and controversy going on, they need to stick to teaching students. There CAN be exceptions but most very professional teachers are extremely uncomfortable breaking their own personal and moral code.

Don't get your hopes up. She could be compromising her job by getting into anything with you. I'm sure they have a policy regarding teacher/student relationships. And if she values her job she won't get into one. Especially in todays economic times, not too many people are going to be willing to put their job on the line.

Has she given you any reason to think she might be in to you as well? If not then I would hold off so you don't make things akward. As GSnap said teachers are proffessionals so she most likely won't go out with you. Just keep it in mind and don't feel too let down if she doesn't respond positively.

With that said it has always been one of my personal fantasies to get with a professor. Well when I was single it was....

With that said it has always been one of my personal fantasies to get with a professor. Well when I was single it was....

it's not exactly a fantasy for me as we are similar in age.. so i see her as more of a peer than a teacher if that makes sense

no yea of course i'm not going to do anything while i'm still a student. i was just basically wondering if its just a good idea to flirt here and there to test whether she reacts good or bad to me. i don't see her all that often since i don't have classes with her either..

Archived