What is the one food that you think helps you with weight loss?

Green tea with honey first thing in the morning..

High fiber foods [ie; 100% whole wheat toast with natural peanut butter, high fiber cereal with skim milk, etc..] keeps you fuller longer.

Soups..veggie soup packed with tons of veggies..any kind of clear broth based soups..

and of course raw fruits and veggies..that's always what I depend on when i'm trying to lose weight.

Since going back on my diet starting 2 days ago, I live on yogurt and/or oatmeal. It's worked for me last time I was on it when I lost 60 lbs in 3 months. Reason being: it always feels like you're eating a lot, but it's usually the contrary.

Old reliable:

Sweet potatoes

Bananas

Spinach (in sandwiches, salads, the works, I love spinach)

Chicken breasts

Eggs and milk too. Lots of fruits and veggies.

I pretty much just eat frequently in small quantities and close to the Food Guide, actually. Cutting out all the junk + working out usually does it for me.

lately ive been on a veggie diet, cooked broccoli or cabbage, salads etc. every now and then grilled chicken breast. yogurt is great too. i cut out pasta,bread, and soda which has been hard. hopefully ill stick with it.

I gave up soda, cold turkey.... Haven't had one since Jan 31st. That in itself helps tremendously.

I also eat a lot of veggies, chicken, beans, whole grains. For breakfast I try to have a banana and maybe a bit of cheerios with 2% milk and I don't eat red meat.

I have hypoglycemia, so I have to have carbs or I can pass out from low blood sugar. If I want to lose weight, I eat 4 to 5 small meals a day. It doesn't matter too much what I eat, as long as it's a fairly small meal. I love fruits and veggies and a sandwich or soup with a bagel. Pasta (I have to have some pasta during the day) with a light sauce is fine, also. My favorite fruits and veggies are avocados, brocolli, and cherries.

For me, plain. I usually cook up some eggs and lean meat and dump it on top. I never ate the flavored kind...not sure what's in it other than the oats.

You put eggs in your oatmeal? Lol that sounds funny. But my trainer today did tell me to start eating eggs and oatmeal for breakfast! I have some weight control maple and brown sugar oatmeal I'm going to use. I can't do the plain stuff. So hopefully it isn't too bad.

You put eggs in your oatmeal? Lol that sounds funny. But my trainer today did tell me to start eating eggs and oatmeal for breakfast! I have some weight control maple and brown sugar oatmeal I'm going to use. I can't do the plain stuff. So hopefully it isn't too bad.

Try mixing applesauce in with your oatmeal, it works for me.

Ya, I grew up eating white rice so the idea of putting fruits and sweets in any rice/grain type of food sounds odd Sometimes I'll put bacon on top.

Beans--kidney, pinto, black, etc.

Low calorie, low fat, extremely nutricious, and they make you feel full as they are not digested too quickly.

If you don't have the patience to soak dry beans (I rarely do) just stock up on low-sodium canned beans. I recommend Eden Organic -- link removed

I cooked dry black beans today. Oh boy, took forever lol. I dunno, i guess its better than the canned if you have the time/patience. Thats definitely a winner though, kept me full for hours.

About oatmeal- i used to put peaches in there when i cooked it. It kinda tasted like a cobbler, and it was yummy

Since I went on my diet Yoplait Light Yogurts have been my saving grace. A variety of delicious tastes, easy to prepare (rip off a lid woo!) and only 100 calories. It took a while to get used to since I was accustomed to over eating so much that one little cup of yogurt seemed like nothing but now I can eat one for lunch on some days and feel full.

Granted I am a destitute student living alone, so the 58 cent/cup cost is what really makes it shine to me, lol. If I had more money I'd probably enjoy more fruits/veggies, especially as they come into season. But right now? Nah, I aint got no 3 bucks for a couple of apples!

Archived