Need some advice / guidance

Hi everyone - This is not something I usually do - so I might not come accross as articulate as I should. Basically - I've lost the love of my life. I was with her for 16 years, since High School - I never wanted commitment or kids, I went through a breakdown, and now am slowly coming out of it, but am realising that I threw away my one and only. I met her for a coffee last week and she's in Love with a new guy, and it devastated me to learn that. In my mind, I knew inevitably it would come to pass, but I suppose I was always thinking (naively) that she would be waiting for me at the other end of my dark tunnel.

I feel so broken, and 2 + 2 doesn't make 4 any more.

I suppose I'm just venting, in a sort of partially therapeutic way - but just wanted some help / advice if maybe people out there have gone through a similar experience..?

People (friends / family) keep telling me 'it'll get easier' but honestly, the way I'm feeling right now - I'm looking for the tallest building to jump off!!

Thanks fro listening, Anon

Thanks for replying. We broke up 2 yrs ago, but she's got on with her life and I've been living in denial world. Tried dating - but my heart is spoken for. Just don't want to move on. Post break up I was just, can't really put it into words, but I suppose I was pretending that I'd moved but....reality kicks in and it sucks. I never should have met her - but when she told me this new guy was the one... it cut me in two. Please don't judge me - I know I sound weak - but this was the my 'one', thanks, dave

My heart goes out to you. Nobody's here to judge you, Dave. Everybody's pretty much here for the same reason, or we've been through it and know how awful it feels. While it doesn't make your pain any less to know that heartbreak is a universal grief that most of us suffer at one time or another, I hope you'll find some comfort in knowing that it doesn't make you a freak. You're in excellent company, and welcome.

Archived