How to initiate FWB

Lily05

So long story short s(ince I already posted this story)Ive been hanging out with this guy for about 3 months.We meet up once a week. Finally about two weeks ago we slept together. I thought I was beginning to really like him and I did but since it happened I had two weeks to really think about the situation and I realized even though I like him as a person I was just really more physically attracted to him. After carefully thinking about it,I've never had an FWB but I think I could with this person for only a short time though. So for the ones that have done this before How oes one initiate this, to make sure that he would be interested as well?? He is a guy so I think he would be lol...but you never know.

How does he feel about you? Does he want you in a more than friend way? I personally would rather have nothing to do with you if I only saw you as relationship material. I wouldn't like to be shagging someone who I liked a lot, but knew she could sleep with other people if and when she wanted.

Do it as soon as you can. The longer you let things progress the more likely he will feel like you two are moving towards becoming a couple. If you say upfront, "Hey I want you to know although I'm not ready to be in a relationship, I don't want to change anything between us. Are you ok with having a physical relationship without the added expectations of being a "couple"?

I remember the first time a girl told me she only wanted a fwb situation, one part of me was like huh... why wouldn't you want to be my gf? Then the other side made me feel like a stud, like ... "wait a minute, I'm gettin used for sex..... YEAAHHHH!!!"

Here is a link to your last thread. It sounds to me like he is only looking for casual. Something tells me that you are kidding yourself when you say you are okay with an FWB with him. You were already confused and troubled about his wishy washy behaviour...that is likely going to bother you even more if you continue to sleep with him. He has made it very clear that he is not interested in a relationship...are you sure you can keep your feelings in check if you continue to have sex with him?

FWB relationships can be tricky. They're almost always lopsided with regards to the feelings involved. I had a FWB relationship with a girl last year. We both kinda crushed on each other, and initially I wanted more. We started having sex casually, then over time I realized she wasn't for me ... but then SHE wanted more with me. I could tell the direction wasn't going in a good one so I kinda just stopped visiting her.

Anyway, FWB's can be tricky. I wouldn't recommend it unless the two parties involved are mature enough to communicate the feelings that could be involved. You also have to be pretty honest and open.

Archived