Hi there,

First let me give you my background. I'm from Mexico, i was born and raised in the deepest poverty. I was able to finish college, start my own company and create a considerable wealth for myself and my family (all of these at 25 years old). I'm 6'2" and i was able to pass from 151 lbls (practically a skeleton) to 220 lbls of pure muscle in two years (naturally, no steroids, just plain discipline, exercise and nutrition). According to mensa i have a 145 IQ and i understand a lot about human nature (from observing people and devouring every material). It may seen like i'm bragging but this i just want you to see that i'm a determined person, my will is so strong that i have overcome every obstacle life has thrown at me... but this situation is defeating me.

I have a unreasonable fear to static electricity. Sometimes i feel it is crippling my life. I don't know why it is but when i'm on my car i'm just terrified of the moment i need to step out because once (about a year ago) it gave me a jolt. I can't touch metal surfaces without shaking and sweating. I know it's totally irrational and honestly it doesn't hurt that much. I have tried everything, from reading to demystify the issue to making a static electricity machine and give me so many jolts as to get used to the feeling and i have discover that is not the feeling of the shock but the randomness of the event. Sometimes i spent the whole day thinking about static, makes my life so less enjoyable, i really need to do something. Nothing i've read has given me anything near to a solution.

I would really use some advice of guidance. Thanks in advance.

I understand all aspects of reality. You do not need to explain a damn thing.

Lets talk right now. Let us get real. It takes phone number reality.

Maybe it's just me, but I would never give my number to a total stranger on the internet.

You say you can help him, so why not do it here and post your constructive advice to him?

Maybe it's just me, but I would never give my number to a total stranger on the internet.

You say you can help him, so why not do it here and post your constructive advice to him?

I have no problem whatsoever, providing my input directly on this forum. That is me in the avatar amigo. Lets get zyd in on the action.

Just a thought. Is it the 'element of surprise' generally that scares you. I meant, do you have a more general fear of surprise or the unexpected or change. Do you feel the need to be in control and for life to be certain?

Being in control (in a psychological sense) is good for our mental health. However, maybe 'controlling the external' does not entirely substitute for a deeper sense of not being in control of life or the universe? Maybe your past generally has cause you to develop this insecurity.

It could be that your being is calling you to satisfy that greater need for inner peace or awareness that 'the universe is good and in control'. Calling you to a deeper or more insightful level or spirituality? Or you might need to learn to relax more and get more of a balance in your life of doing more relaxing enjoyable activities. Sometimes we lead hectic stressful lives. Because it is a 'cultural norm' we normalise being out of balance in our bodies and minds. Phobias and anxieties might be the only way our bodies and minds can get through to us that we need to change and get more balance in our lives. The symptoms might not be there for 'a specific reason' but simply because we're out of balance and somethings got to give somewhere - even if it's random. If this is the case then analysing EXACTLY why might not lead us anywhere much.

Just a theory. It could well be wrong.

Hi there, i think you may have a point. I live practically to work. I love my craft and so i'm at the 'office' (phisically or virtually) 15 hrs a day, 7 days a week. I'm at the gym 2 hrs a day, 7 days a week. I feel the need to be 'where i need to be' all the time, for example if my laundry is closed on monday i get all freaked out because now i have a problem to solve. I feel the need fr everything to be just as i expect it to be. Yesterday i was at a circus (random event for me) and i feel so relaxed. Consciously I love my work and i could be all day on it, i really don't feel tired nor exhausted, but maybe my body and soul are separate entities. I've always been a man of science and believe in the power of determination and will... but maybe, just maybe i need something more...

Archived