Charlez

I need help.

I apologize for the length but I am very confused,

I am in high school. Me and my girlfriend have been going out for about 3 months now and things are not going well in her opinion. About a week ago she stopped say "I love you" back to when I wished her goodnight. On Sunday I asked her why and she said things had changed. She continued on to say that she needed to make sure that she still felt the same way. That she thought I gave too much and that she wasn't sure if she wanted to change herself to be more giving toward me. I really don't care how much she gives and I think she gives more than enough. Today we hung out and she seemed to be somewhere else and then tonight over text I asked her if she had come to a decission. I'd she had said that she still loved me just as much then I would have been fine or If she had said things weren't the same then I would have ended our relationship tomorrow, but she said "things have changed. I don't know how much yet or if it can be fixed." what do i do. I obviously still want to be with her but I don't want to hold to a bad relationship. Should I break up with her?

I think you should give her time to sort herself out and what she wants. She's probably confused now and if you try to impose your will on her or come on too strong she'll just end it with you because she'll get scared. Tell her that you care about her and that you're happy with what she gives you and that you're going to give her some time to think. After that leave her alone fully until she comes to you.

I think you should give her time to sort herself out and what she wants. She's probably confused now and if you try to impose your will on her or come on too strong she'll just end it with you because she'll get scared. Tell her that you care about her and that you're happy with what she gives you and that you're going to give her some time to think. After that leave her alone fully until she comes to you.

I'm leaving town for a 10 day vacation Friday, and when you say leave her fully alone do you mean don't text or call her at all? Or just in moderation?

How long have you been saying "I Love You" because sometimes especially in high school those words are said way to early in relationships before there is any real meaning. I am not saying you are doing that but just curious. If you got serious to fast then maybe just slow things down and ask her if that is fine. It is one way I know my friends have done to save a relationship. Sometimes once the honeymoon stage is over one or both sides of the relationship realize they don't want it any more.

Just let her think and maybe suggest slowing things down a bit.

Ok well to be completely honest I agree. Studies show that your brain isn't developed enough to feel love until around 21, so her and I had come up with this odd "more than the highschool like/ less than adult love" place we were at and we had been saying "loke" not like or love.

Archived