Open Club  ·  76 members  ·  Free

Journals

Jiggly

sherryberrypie

That's me. It's been a long winter. Weather-wise, it's been really mild, but that didn't stop the lazies from setting in. School has been nuts and I don't know... I've just been eating junk and not excercising. As a result, I've got some extra padding on top of my usual extra padding. Alex and I both do. He keeps bringing home junk. Last night I didn't have dinner (wasn't hungry), and was hungry when I got home from work. A platter of taquitos were waiting on the stove and of COURSE I ate a bunch.

Today I ate:

Breakfast- My intentions were good, I bought milk and high fiber cereal the night before, but there was no time in the morning. I ended up having a coffee and a danish around 11.

Lunch- None to speak of. Instead, I grazed on yogurt covered almonds and dried pineapple. I also munched a pork dumpling. Was in the library doing work from 1-5:15

Dinner- None to speak of again. Was in class from 5:30-7:30. Ate a couple more pork dumplings.

Tonight- I got home at 8:00 and heated up the remaining 3 dumplings. Ate an orange and a bag of popcorn. Now it's 11 pm and I'm hungry.

Today was a really bad day, health-wise. I'm quite ashamed of how I treated my body. tomorrow I am going to go for a jog while the laundry is drying. Then I am going to come back and do some yoga with my new mat and free weights.

Edit: I finished the pineapple. My body feels awful right now and I saw a video clip of me... double chin city. Time to get motivated!

Yup, just gotta make myself do it.

I just cleaned my house and now it's time to go for a jog. At 2 I am getting my hair done (getting a lot chopped off, time for a change!) and then it's homework time, then a staff meeting later. No excuse not to eat proper meals today! I had a cup of minestrone and some wheat thins for breakfast, along with 2 mugs of water.

Moral support is needed

I did well today. I had small meals regularly through the day, and I feel a gazillion times better after going for a run and doing stairs. I also got my hair cut. It was down to the middle of my back, now it's down to the nape of my neck. It's a choppy bob with side bangs and I looooove it. Have been getting lots of complimentary looks and compliments all day, which doesn't hurt.

Thank you momma metro, it's really appreciated!

I did pretty good today. Like I was saying to a friend at the pub tonight "I've done well if I don't feel guilty at the end of the day."

I had 2 boiled eggs and an orange for breakfast, with coffee because it was an early morning

I had salmon and a bunch of vegetarian sides at the cafeteria for lunch

I had a can of orange juice when I got hungry around 4

I went out to the pub for dinner and had a coke (no alcohol till August) a rib-eye burger and a caesar salad. Around 10 pm I had a snack of those 100 cal chocolate covered pretzels.

Not only does a big change make you feel sexy, it makes you feel more confident. I was so sure of myself and bold today. I am playing a role in rebelling against the university (basically, all academic students are paying more money, for fewer classes and fewer options.) My chosen career is journalism, and I only get one journalism class per year. It's ridiculous. People aren't able to graduate because it's such slim pickings. So, now that the student body has been let in on what's going on, we're forming plans to get through to the uni president about how WRONG this is. When you go to university, you're paying for an education. You're not paying for some mystery 1.5 million dollar university transfer fee. No one can tell the faculty or the students what this fee actually pays for. Yes, I am passionate about this subject.

and...my legs are good and sore today. I got the Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred dvd delivered today. I'm nervous but also kind of looking forward to this hardcore morning workout tomorrow. New haircut is clearly workin for me because I have gotten so many compliments, even from people who I didn't think even really noticed me before, like cafeteria workers Feels good!

30 day Shred rocks! If I do this every day, there is no doubt that I'll see results. Today I took a day to myself. I didn't do any homework and I just put the laundry away and cleaned out my closet. I met up with a friend and we went on a ride on her scooter to a farm market nearby and then we went back downtown for coffee and poked around a bunch of little shops. It was nice to have time to actually talk. She had been gone for a year and a half to South America and we'd only seen each other twice (briefly) after she came back in late February.

When I got home I had a hot bath (got chilly on the scooter!) and Alex and I drove to the store to get ham for the pea soup mix that I got at the market. I somehow managed to leave the ham behind though! It never even made it through the self-checkout. The stupid machine was going all crazy and it distracted me, and I guess the meat just got left. Now it's 8:30 and I'm cooking the soup, but dinner hour is way past now and I had some apple/cranberry crisp pie instead. If that's all I eat, then I'll just count it as my dinner calories. It's not like I had much to eat today anyways. After we got home, I practiced my parking skills and I did pretty well! This time, I am GOING to pass my driving test. I need to if I am going to get the most out of my internship.

Reading this journal, it probably sounds like I'm really boring, but I have a happy life I'm a lucky girl. School is great, relationship is awesome, friends are great and everything is just really positive.

Not boring at all....It's cool looking into someone else's daily life. LOL

Keep up the good work with the healthy eating and working out and make sure you do something nice for yourself at least once a week, even if it's just a little something. It really does make all the difference!

I give in to treats too easily. I rationalized with myself that cake was allowed because I didn't have an actual dinner. Oh but it was a great slice of cake! Lemon cream. nom nom. Part of the problem is that I'm so rushed a lot of the time. On Sunday I had to head to campus in the morning for a bit of training for my editor position at the paper, and then I had to call the bf after so he could get me to work. If I had tried to bus to work from there, I would have been really late. So, I didn't pack any lunch or dinner for work and wound up having to buy food. Mostly because I didn't want to have to carry it around with me to this training session and to work. This morning I just couldn't get up early and wound up sleeping in. I had made my lunch for today and I forgot to bring it. I also didn't have time for any kind of breakfast. I really should make more breakfast cookies to help with that little issue.

When I have to load my bag(s) down with books and my monstrous laptop, I don't even have room to carry a lunch! If I got a locker, it's another couple hundred dollars per semester, and I'm just not willing to pay that. Sometimes I am really good about packing it all in, but I get tired of leaving certain books at home just so I can fit my lunch. Space is limited and it's a lot easier to go and grab a salad in the cafeteria instead. I am going to try to save up for a smaller laptop and sell mine. I've only had it for (2?) years, but I'm just not happy with it. It's extremely cumbersome, has zip for battery life and has more space than I will ever need. It's not the one I wanted to buy, but my boyfriend insisted that it would be the best one for me. Not so much. Next time I go laptop shopping, I'm doing it on my terms. Especially if it's a mac. Mac's are getting pretty common here. The computers at the city paper are macs, the computers at the school paper are macs and my uni actually has an agreement with Apple, so if I were to buy one here, I'd get a free ipod nano or some other cool deal like that.

I started level 2 of Jillian Michaels. I was beginning to feel like level one was a bit too easy for me. I followed the more advanced girl through level one and was perspiring only a bit. I did level 1 yesterday and then did level 2. Oh my god. Now that was a challenge. Several times I felt like I was just going to drop. I feel really good today though. Muscles that have not been worked in years are saying "thank you" today. I think it would be easier had I not done 20 minutes for level 1 before that, but even so, it's a tough workout. I'm excited to be learning new moves too. I can't stop raving about this dvd. Excuse me lol.

I had the oddest dream (actually have the same one sometimes..and I'm pretty sure it's the same guy--or the same type of guy). We're in some really casual class, laying down during a lecture and we're all cuddly. It's just some random guy from class who takes a liking to me and it starts to get a bit more risque until I break it off and move away-- then he gets sort of offended and seemingly forgets all about me. There's so much lust. I wonder if I've seen this guy somewhere or something. I always wake up feeling guilty! I wish I knew what it stemmed from. It's always a fun/slightly unsettling dream.

My genre fiction class workshopped our horror pieces today, and I got some really great feedback and compliments on my story. It's a good feeling when most of the class is dying to read more and are talking about how absorbed and curious they were while reading it. My journal is disjointed---just like my thought process.

I use 2 lb free weights and it's a perfect weight because of all of the combined excercises she does. I can't believe I used to do cardio classes with 8 lb weights! You just need a mat (my yoga mat works well) and a pair of weights.

The below is more a note for me, kind of detached from the answer to your q:

Because I can't do it every single morning (rush rush) I've been pairing up workouts. Monday I did level 1 then level 2, and yesterday between classes a friend and I went for a 40 min walk. This morning I started with level 2 and then did level one. I might go for a walk to the store later. There was a silverfish in a cereal box and now I can't bring myself to eat any of the cereal that we have. That, and I need more fruits and veggies again. Yesterday I was soooo good. Then we went to 711 and I bought fruit. Later, after Alex had gone to bed, I had 3 cherry blasters and a few handfuls of BBQ chips. D'oh! In my defense, the fruit wasn't sitting well and I needed some carbs. 2 pm and I haven't done any work yet. * * * * .

rawrrrrrrr with friends like this...who needs enemies! grrrr

I just do not get what is with one of my former best friends. We used to be super tight and over the last year, it's just faded.

My bf was the one who bent over backwards to help her when she went through surgery, and helped me get to and from her place so I could look after her kids, drove us home when we were piss-tanks... and now when I talk to her (which is rare because she's too busy to even pick up the damn phone-- like we're all not) it's negativem negative. It's like she just can't wait to insult my bf or say something derogatory. It's hurtful!

I had wanted her daughter to be in this silly little movie I have to make for one of my classes. She loves the camera and I thought it'd be fun. You'd THINK, that since we're grown adults and alex has been driving for several years-- with not one accident or altercation-- that we could pick her up and do our thing, then bring her home. But nooo. This friend of five/six years whose kids call me Auntie Sherry, feels like she needs to be there with them. Of course though, when I did babysit them overnight for one reason or another, suddenly it was, "well, if you had your license, you could use my car" Yet now when it's something to help me out, we can't take them in our car??

So now, the whole thing is going to be a huge rush because she is oh so busy, and she's going to bring along her negative energy towards Alex and I just don't wanna deal with it. now I can't say just forget it because her daughter is looking forward to being in a "movie" though at this point, I'd much rather have my niece do it. Argh. And of course, even though it's my movie, it has to be done her way. The order of things has been reversed, so I'm going to have to do even more editing and reverse the order of a bunch of the clips.

Had to vent.

I don't know if I mentioned this, but I am kicking myself so hard for selling the Tercel... because this summer we are definitely going to need two cars. So not in the mood to car shop again!!

I got two articles done today, and I edited the good copy of my horror story. My teacher, a published author whose books inspired the tv show Alice I Think, had this to say:

Excellent work, Sherry! The action is crisp and there's plenty of suspense. You've included an effective dose of violence (love that this is a criteria for a class hahaha). A strong piece of horror-- your reading has paid off! (I am one of the few in the class who enjoys horror.)

Gotta end my journal with a positive thought.

Hmm, I'm thisclose to just backing off completely. Friend and her kids met Alex and I at the agreed-upon location to film the movie. We all had fun and spent a couple of hours. After they left, I discovered that I'd lost all of the footage. I told her and she was actually mad. I said, well at least the kids had fun, and you know what she said? Regardless of whether or not the kids had fun, it was still a waste of 2 hours. The last time I even freakin saw her was in early February, we went for a walk. Oh my god, I'm sorry if two hours of your life are gone. SOMEHOW, you'll still get your homework done. I just thought it was so rude. I know she's stressed, but she does it to herself. She takes on so much unnecessarily and then goes and hides herself away and complains at every turn about how busy she is.

I've been doing Jillian Michaels every day. Level 2 is slowly getting easier, but the planks are still killer, especially the plank jacks and plank squats. Not so fun. The rest is good though. I did a bit of yoga tonight to stretch myself out. My muscles are getting so toned already and I feel stronger and more flexible.

This semester is almost over. I sent off my final two articles for this year of the school paper and now I just have one exam and one project left to do. Yay! I'll be working at the city paper 5 days a week, from 9-5, plus my part time (paying) job. I want to work there at least once per week. I'm not going to have much of a break, but it's going to be so worth it. I went out and bought some office-y clothing this weekend and I felt so...grown up LOL. I know that's not a grown up thing to say, but I did! Trying on clothes was less traumatic since I'm getting whipped into shape as well.

I got back on birth control after two years of being off it. We both just feel like we need to stop taking risks with just condoms and this is the time in our lives when it's really all about us. Careers are starting and there's a lot going on, and a baby wouldn't quite fit in with our very busy and very social lives right now.

Ewww bc made me sick. You know what I love? Missing an entire day of school the week before the last week of the semester. Grrr. I felt okay last night. I still feel a little nauseous, but I powered through my workout this morning anyways, after languishing in bed for an extra hour. Alex commented that I seem to be slimming down really quickly and I feel such a difference in muscle tone already. Those icky little rolls on my back/sides are disappearing, and my abs are like steel already lol. Now to get rid of that silly layer of fat.

It's only actually day 9, though I did double up a few of the workouts, I'm not going to count those. I had more energy, and I went with it. Level 2 is getting so much easier. I wore shoes for the workout today which made it possible to do plank jacks and plank squats properly. I'm pretty stoked to see what it's like after 30 days! 20 to go and I will start on a new dvd.

I've been doing a bit of clothes shopping. I spent a couple hundred at the mall on some key pieces: basic camis, basic tees, three blouses in different colours and a short sleeved blazer (super cute). I've been facebook shopping for some other things. I'm really looking for some pretty tops that I can wear anywhere, and if funds allow, I will buy a nicer pair of work pants with a slimmer fit in the legs. So far I've found a black trench in light fabric for $15, a cute shrug/cardi for $8 and a pretty yellow tee with embroidering detail for $5. The trench is a size medium, so I hope it fits. If it doesn't now, it soon will! A new pair of jeans will be in the works soon, because my favorite pair is all saggy and baggy now, not so sexy or versatile.

Time to go study, then go to work tonight.

I was struggling to keep it together all day yesterday, and last night culminated in me washing 3 months worth of bc pills down the sink. What were they thinking, prescribing someone with depression those kind of pills?! All I know is, never again. I have been so angry at Alex all week for pressuring me into getting on bc, just so we won't have to use condoms. First I was sick. I missed an entire day of classes because I had spent the previous night vomiting. This morning nausea has plagued me since the second day. Then I got moody, and moodier, and finally just plain not fun to be around. A lot of my anger came from feeling like "normal" had been stripped away from me again. I finally got to that point where I felt happy and great all the time-- but not to an extreme-- and then *poof* it was gone. Good riddance, pills from %$^. Now get out of my system!!

Yesterday I did level 2 to the max. I was sweating more than I've ever sweated in a long time. It seems I've lost 5 lbs after 11 days. Awesome! This morning I'm up early and not feeling super great, but I'm going to try to do level 1. I don't think I can stomach level 2 today.

I cannot for the life of me even attempt the workout today. Must rest. Had a 12 hour school day yesterday and woke up today feeling worse than ever. Had a three hour nap and called in sick for work tonight. I want this thing to run its course quickly. I can't afford to be missing shifts since I'll be working for free all summer at this internship. Road test is in six days. Getting nervous, but driving has finally started to feel natural to me so I know I'll do much better this time. Once I get my license, we have to look into buying a second car. Thank goodness Alex starts work on the 21st.

I'm going to throw him a big surprise graduation party. I want to get as many friends together as I can and I think instead of having it here and making food for everyone, we'll all just go out for dinner. I'm thinking about making up some kind of drinking game for him, like everyone write down a few things about him that they like and I'll pick a word at random. Everytime he draws that specific word out of the hat, he has to do a shot. There will also be ice cream cake because that's his very favorite.

I've asked him if they are having an actual grad ceremony, but it seems as though no one has arranged anything Doesn't seem like a very fair thing, because they've all worked so hard for the last two years. Most BA's don't have 8 course semesters lol

I took a nightime cold pill last night and passed out. Woke up at 4 and took another one and passed out until about 10:30. Got up and did workout 1and then half or 3/4 of workout 2. My chest was so congested that I was panting and gasping for air/chugging water to soothe my throat, but I did it. Those plank moves are getting easier. I'm finding that I actually enjoy the plank/oblique twists. I went to the final class of the semester and was absolutely bushed when I got home. I guess I pushed too hard. My inner thighs are shrinking. I saw my reflection in the bus window today and I had that nice little gap in between my calves and thighs when I stand with my feet slightly apart. Haven't seen that gap in years! My abs are getting pretty awesome too. I'm actually getting excited for bikini season this year.

Now if only I hadn't finished off the pan of brownies. Thank goodness they're gone! Gotta stock up on fruits and veggies tomorrow. Have to eat better. I gave myself free rein when I was feeling my sickest, but time to get back at it.

I had a long talk with my sister last night. She is house hunting for a larger house and put in an offer on a 3 bedroom. It'll be so nice to visit when she has a bigger place, and it'll be so good for the pets to have a yard. She starts radiation treatments in May and is being so brave about it. I'm proud of how strong she is. I asked her if we could borrow her car (if needed) until we can get a second car and she had no problem with it. Thank goodness. That solves what could have been a major problem. Now I just have to pass my road test and then we have to go over on the ferry and do an insurance swap and bring her car home. I seriously have to pass this test. I'm starting to really feel the pressure now.

Oh dear, I haven't been keeping up with this. Not so sick anymore, can breathe and make it through a regular shift at work. Now Alex is sick and absolutely miserable. I hope he doesn't rebound it to me. Today was day 17 of the Shred. I've been doing all level 2's now, really pushing myself on the squats. I can see and feel my shoulders getting stronger, but I still have trouble with the third strength circuit. I bought some 5 lbs weights today to replace my 2 pounders. It's going to be so much harder now, but I will burn more calories and gain more definition faster. My goal is to work my way back up to 8 pound weights.

I may need to take a couple of days off because my right ankle is inflamed and it's really uncomfortable to do anything with impact (jumping jacks, plank-jacks, skipping, etc...) I think I just need to rest it and ice it a couple of times a day, and if it's still acting up, I'll go see the doctor. I'm noticing changes all throughout my body, however subtle they may be right now. My waist is different, my legs are getting leaner and my arms have definition in places I've never seen before. When I raise my arms up, everything is tight. I don't know how to explain it, but the crease between my bicep and shoulder is small now and there's no fat to grab. My thighs don't squish as much anymore when I'm seated either... I was like "cool! They look so much smaller!"

I went for my road test today and passed! So stoked. It feels amazing to not have to worry anymore, and to know that now I have that freedom I've wanted for so long. It was really hard not to smile for the license photo lol. I rewarded myself with a small georgia mud fudge blizzard and a grilled chicken salad for lunch. That was my cheat for today. I have been really good in the last few days... tons of veggies and fruits and lean meats, light on the carbs. A bunch of my co-workers are on the south beach diet, but I will never go on a diet that restricts all of the foods that give me energy. That diet doesn't appeal to me at all.

We're trying to figure out how we're going to afford to have two cars running. I think I will probably end up having to drop my internship down to three days per week instead of five, because Alex wants to get a years' insurance on both of the cars. Our car is up in August and my sister's car that we'll be using needs insurance. If we put a year on it instead of three months, we save $200. The car is falling apart! The driving tester couldn't get out of the passenger side door, my window sticks, the trunk is incredibly finicky to open and the ignition is finiky as well. It's a cheap car, good on gas and looks decent, so I can't complain, but I do think we might want to get the passenger door fixed at some point, for safety's sake. Oh well, I got over the major hurdle of getting my license. Now I can relax for awhile

Today, I feel forgotten and unappreciated by my boyfriend. It seems that all I get from him lately is a pinch on the butt and a "you're beautiful" I need quality time. I need him to turn off his new video game and talk to me, spend time with me. *sigh*

I am sick of picking up everyone else's slack at work. I am sick of being left alone to close the department with new people who haven't been trained properly. I got out of work 40 minutes late last night. I've decided to start training the new guy myself.

I went back to the Shred today. I took 2 days off to rest the ankle. I didn't exactly rest it... but I didn't jump and twist and put a lot of cardio strain on it. I cleaned out the storage room, and in turn, the apartment on one of my days off. Lots of heavy lifting and bending and I did it for two hours straight, so it was definitely a replacement workout. I can't remember what I did on my first day off, but I know I didn't relax. I used 5 pound weights today on level 2. WHAT a difference. WHAT a challenge. Omigoodness... I couldn't finish the final reps on circuit three. I literally could not lift that weight anymore. You wouldn't think that 3 extra pounds would make such a difference, but they sure do. If I was getting ripped before, it's going to be accelerating like crazy soon.

Went to a show and danced my butt off for about 4 hours straight. Was so much fun. Felt fabulous. Went swimming today and bottoms are almost too big! Went to Lululemon and was fitting in size 8 tops and bottoms. Bought a pair of knockout shorts and I'm pretty sure I'll be living in them this summer. Ate too much today. Depressed as hell right now. Boyfriend being a huge jerk. Not really sure what exactly is up with him, other than he is stressed. Dunno why he's stressed...he's gotten to stay home everyday and veg while I have to go to my horrible job. I wish they WOULD lay me off, because I want to quit so badly! I wish I was heartless enough to cancel his surprise party because right now, he does NOT deserve one. I don't even know what to say. He said once he gets back into a routine, things will calm down and he'll start helping me around the house again, but he doesn't have a great track record.

Feel gross today, bloated and ick. Need to drink more water and snack less at night. Worked a short shift today: 10 am-2 pm and thought if I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast, I could make it until 2 pm for lunch. No such luck. After having breakfast at 8:30, I was starving by noon. Had a turkey sandwich on whole wheat, and gobbled it down in my 15 minute break. I meant to bring a yogurt to work, but I forgot, so I was hungrryyyy. On my way home I stopped in at a coffee shop and grabbed an iced soy mocha. Really, I had just stopped in to the shop to sign an HST petition I have a buddy who works downtown, so I stopped in to say hi to her because we hadn't seen each other for awhile. It's a gorgeous day today, almost shorts and t-shirt weather... so I thought I'd go walk a local trail (about a 15 minute car ride away). I may just do my workout video and walk through the local park here. It's really pretty too, I just like a change of scenery and now that I have my license, I can spend more time in different areas of the city.

The car is here, but Alex is gone and he has the car key lol. I wonder where he could be... there's no note or anything, which is weird for him. It turns out that he was really stressed and his laziness was just him taking some time to himself. Looking back, I do understand. He had five exams and then the day after the last exam, started full time work. He didn't really get a break either, and he's the main breadwinner now, so he's feeling the pressure. He's been talking lots about the future and I think he's putting pressure on himself to get ready for it. It certainly seems that way. I've been tightening up on my spending again. I've realized too late that I could have just bought a few things. What happens if I lose more inches and all of the stuff I bought no longer fits? I'll just have to go shopping again. I mean, most of it was second-hand, thrift store finds, but it's still $$. I bought myself a new OPI colour yesterday, a wax kit, and did a face mask with my lemon mask from Lush. I took a cue from Alex and gave myself the day off yesterday. I did a bit of housework, but mostly I relaxed. I went and saw my doctor for a follow-up. I told him about the birth control fiasco and he said he wasn't suprised. I'll be back on nuva ring, starting tonight. I got another 2 months of anti-depressants prescribed and when I told him about all of these changes coming up in my life, he recommended that I stay on them and not to try to go off of them until things are settled. With all of the changes and craziness during the next year or so, it wouldn't be a good idea for me, I know this. So, all that really means to me is a sober summer and no bender on my 25th birthday in August. I think not having alcohol is helping me to lose weight though, so it's not a huge loss. I did have a few drinks this past weekend, but they didn't do anything for me, and it kind of upset Alex that I drank though I am on these meds. I don't need to drink, it's just that sometimes a rum and coke really hits the spot.

Had a beauty day yesterday. I scrubbed and polished myself, waxed (even the bikini line, which is now pissed off) and gave myself a mani/pedi. Felt SO good. Of course, after a measly 4 hour shift, I've already chipped my nails. They looked so lovely too!

I got my hair trimmed up on Tuesday, but the lady did a lousy job so I think I'm going to have to go back to the stylist who did the original style. I went to a Redken salon in a mall, thinking a trim would be like $10. I was charged $40. She barely took half an inch off, and now when I tie it back with a hairband, etc... there are pieces that are noticeably longer than the others and it looks so bad. Will never go back there Trims should be like $5, especially on fine hair.

Just about time to do the 'ol workout. A few more days on level one and then it's back to level 2, with the 5 pounders. Since it's so nice out, I think I am going to jog a bit as well from time to time.

Yup, not happy with the haircut. I think I had better phone up the girl who did the original style and see if she can fix it for cheap. I feel so anxious, and have felt that way for the past few days. I go to bed at 11-12 and sleep till 11:30. When I wake up in the morning, I just don't want to get up. I've tried a few things to relax and nothing is helping. It must be linked to starting my internship next week and completely hating my job right now... but I don't work at all this week, so I should be happy about that! I feel like I need to jump out of my skin. I didn't do the Jillian Michael's workout the past two days. Wasn't feeling super hot, so I walked instead. Went to a party on Saturday night and slept pretty late the next day, so I didn't have time before work. Have to get back to it today. Since I have the week off, I'm going to carve out time to go see my sister on the mainland and pick up her car.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had time to do the workouts every day. Gosh, you know you're busy when you don't have a half hour! The internship is going swimmingly. I'm learning a ton and am really getting a feel for newswriting and the industry in general. I got to come along for a follow-up on a huge bust in town, and I've been writing my own stories. Some of them sucked, but my last one I am quite proud of and I hope that the editor likes it when it's done. It's about youth unemployment, how the recession has affected the 15-24 age group.

My sister went in for her radiation treatments this week. My mom said she's feeling awful, but insists that we don't need to come to her place and take time off work etc... She's too tough for her own good.

The car she has "loaned" me is great. It's so nice to have my own! My younger brother installed new speakers and the deck from the car that Alex drives, so I have some decent music now. I just finished painting a picture of a heron for my Mom for mother's day. It's not...what I wanted it to be, but it's close. My technique has gotten sloppy and I'm out of practice, so I wasn't using my super fine brush right and I ended up having to do another colour wash over the details to spread the colour out. Looks allright though. Not bad for not having painted anything since December.

I doubt I've lost any more inches or weight. I'm going to have to start getting up at 6 am to get my excercise done. After work, I'm starved for dinner or I have errands to run and by the time I've researched and done what I need to do, it's bed-time again.

I am selling some of my clothing that doesn't fit so well anymore, like a lululemon hoodie that I've coveted all year... with that money I went out and bought a nice new yoga jacket. One of those light, good for warmth or to cool down, wear all the time (basic black) it was expensive, but I figure I'll break even. I need to stop shopping now though. I have enough. The problem is that I have a $50 discount for a local store and I'd love a cardigan and some kind of blazer for work/school. Something that I can throw on over a basic t-shirt and black pants and be office-casual.

Archived