Why do I want revenge on my ex?

I do want revenge on my ex. He lied on the stand to get this restraining order against me so that I would not interfere with his next relationship. I have been moving on. Today I get the word from the school since I am in the nursing program I have to advise them of things like this.

I have been expelled from the nursing program. I have to get this lifted and expunged from my record before I can be let into the program. The order is for two years. So now from living with my ex I want to turn him in for working for cash while collecting unemployment. Which would in turn cut his schooling out to be a firefighter and also he would not be able to be on for 7 years then.

I am just angry and more depressed now. I have no clue what to do. I can't have anyone talk to him and he even got a letter in court stating what would happen if this order when threw. That night I went out and sure enough he shows up where I was. The next night he did it again too.

I don't know what to do...

Why would he put a restraining order against you if you weren't even in contact with him? I don't know that he would have any motive, unless he knew that it would get you tossed out of your education and wanted to hurt you in such a way. And even then, it seems like an average person would need a lot of provocation to do something as cruel as that.

I don't mean to offend you, but it seems like we're not getting the entire story here.

If indeed you did nothing to cause a restraining order and he did it solely to hurt you when you have done nothing to deserve it, then he's pretty nasty and retaliating against someone like that might bring you even more grief in the end if he thinks of a way to get you back.

Also, how could he know where you would be?

If he was purposely showing up where you were, you could always bring that up to get the restraining order removed.

Judges are pretty good at deciphering stories and issuing restraining orders when absolutely neccesary. Sounds like something serious happened between the two of you that warranted the order against you.

Are you sure there's not more to the story than you are letting on?

It was Feb 13th when one of his friends came into a bar I was at calling me a skank and a * * * * * . We had a no contact order back in December however no one was helping me get my stuff out of his house. In January he decided to give it back to me by throwing it out. We had contact all that time and still he had my stuff our last contact was Feb 26th to get the last of my things.

The judge granted it as when his friend came in to the bar I was upset and I called him 20 times that night as to why he put them up to it. I gave him the abortion he wanted. He said that all calls were about getting back together and none of them where. I haven't had contact with him before this order was served to me and I had no money for a lawyer to fight it.

I admited to making the calls that night I was not going to lie but nothing in the phone calls said lets get back together.

He knew where I was becuase we live in a small town and I told the judge if this goes threw that I have plans for my birhtday and these two places on different nights. I advised the judge of it so there would not be any problems if the order was granted. It was and he showed up and I had to leave each place.

Are you in the states? Something like a protective order wouldn't keep you out of nursing, at least in my state. A battery or theft charge would, however.

I would drop the "revenge" idea if I were you. It won't help you move on. Plus, you don't want to do anything that will be considered violating the restraining order, as that will get you arrested.

I suggest drinking at home for the next two years...either that, or go to the next town.

I just want to add that revenge isn't going to make you feel any better. That just makes you look like a vindictive ex. Better to take the high road, lick your wounds and just move on.

I agree wholeheartedly. Go for revenge, the court looks at the order and ignores you and you get a reputation as a troublemaker. Not worth it.

Archived