Mixed messages

lansingway

A woman and I have had 5 dates. Things going well and yesterday enjoyed a picnic while consuming a couple bottles of wine (yes,,,,too much). Around 7:00, I took her to a dance class that she definitely did not enjoy. At her request, we left and I proposed getting a bite to eat. She agreed then suddenly said she was amazed at how late it was (8:00 PM), and explained she needed to pick her son up. I drove us bck to my house where her car was, and as she got into her vehicle, she looked up and asked if I was going to invite her into my house. At that juncture I said "go pick up your son" closed her car door and walked away. I know there were better ways to handle the situation. However, during our previous 5 dates, she never left before midnight, made a point of teling me she needed to pick her son up and then ask if I was going to invite her in (what happened to being in a hurry and commenting on how late it was). In spite of the alcohol running through me, I could not piece together all the mixed messages. Like I said, I know she didn't enjoy the dance class. Bt why agree to dinner then tell me she was shocked by the time then ask if I was going to invite her in. I know there is an apology due from me in regards to my reaction and handling of the situation, but from my point of view, I think the mixed messages she sent are completely lost on her.Any advice or comments appreciated and bashing is accepted and will be tolerated as I understand my role in all of this

Not fine at this juncture. Called twice and there appears to be a lack of desire to discuss what transpired. Not a fatalists, but I sense an ending is near. We were probably to new to handle this blow-up. Not the first, not the last. But the scent of "final scene" is heavy in the air.

Archived