UGH, I HATE My Teeth :(

In January, I got my braces off, after 2 years. The next week, I go to the dentist for a cleaning (didn't do much, teeth were still yellow and unsightly..) and after that, cavity fillings. 2 months later, my teeth are still yellow, no matter how long or how many times I brush. The dentist gave me some prescription toothpaste (even on that, still yellow.), I ran out of that, and switched back to my old toothpaste, still yellow.

What I need are ways to get my teeth cleaner and my breath smelling better...

The thing with a normal teeth cleaning is they get clean off the hard plaque that you can't see or brush off a build up. I'm the same no matter what toothpaste i use nothing helps they are yellow. Now you can bleach it, you can use those white strips, or even get a zoom which is basically them kinda lasering the yellow off.

Now i heared with the filling if they are white bleaching your teeth will make the fillers a different colour, not what you want. In the end these big teeth whitening at the dentist will cost you some serious $$$.

The thing with a normal teeth cleaning is they get clean off the hard plaque that you can't see or brush off a build up. I'm the same no matter what toothpaste i use nothing helps they are yellow. Now you can bleach it, you can use those white strips, or even get a zoom which is basically them kinda lasering the yellow off.

Now i heared with the filling if they are white bleaching your teeth will make the fillers a different colour, not what you want. In the end these big teeth whitening at the dentist will cost you some serious $$$.

Not true. I asked about dental whitening at my dentist's office and he told me that if I wanted to get the trays custom made with the whitening gel, it would cost me about $250 which isn't bad.

If you can afford it you should have talk to your dentist about professional teeth whitening. It cost me $400 in total with the custom trays, and made a huge difference in the color of my teeth.

I had mine done about 2 years ago, and this was the process:

1- My dentist made a mold of my teeth, and using the mold made these clear plastic trays that I used to apply the whitening compound.

2- For 2 weeks, just before bedtime I would put a small dab of the whitening compound on the front of the clear plastic trays, then slipped them on my teeth and went to sleep.

3- In the morning, I took out the trays and washed them.

4- Repeat this process for the full 14 days. I could not drink coffee, tea, red wine, any dark fruit juice, during the treatment.

...Within 3 days, my teeth looked super white compared to what they had been before ( I have porous teeth and love coffee and tea ), and by the 14th day they were almost glowing in the dark. About 2 weeks after finishing the whitening process, my teeth became a normal bright white with very slight tinge of yellow, and have pretty much stayed this color since then.

The whitener that my dentist used was this one:

Nite White ACP

link removed

Not true. I asked about dental whitening at my dentist's office and he told me that if I wanted to get the trays custom made with the whitening gel, it would cost me about $250 which isn't bad.

It veries from were you are over here its insane. Ex my two teeth they need some filling around them since there is a big gap cause they are small, anyways they gave me an "price range" of $450 to just put some filling around teeth also to get your teeth whiten and bleached even i had it done once it cost like $700+

Well, for some people even $250 might be too steep. The OP will have to let us know what his budget looks like to better advise. I would recommend laser whitening if money is not an issue as it WILL work. The next best and affordable from there is the whitening with trays that the dentist gives you. The third and next alternative down in effectiveness and pricing is the crest white strips.

G-Snap, true.

BTW, Zoom or those laser whitening treatments are more expensive than using the trays. I was trying to price it out a few months ago and found that to be true.

I am not a good candidate for teeth whitening, so will not do that.

Yes, that is why I suggested Laser as the very best but the most expensive, then trays second in quality and price.

Archived