Help, I need advice: Apologize for his behavior?????

nadid

I'm not sure I understand what this means.

Food doesn't always take exactly as long as you think it'll take to cook. If the restaurant gave an estimate, it's just that, an estimate. This is especially true of smaller restaurants. While Domino's might provide an almost always accurate estimate on the cooking time on your pizza because they have very strict procedures and ingredient lists as well as training, a family-owned Indian restaurant isn't going to get it right every single time. That's just impossible.

Food doesn't always take exactly as long as you think it'll take to cook. If the restaurant gave an estimate, it's just that, an estimate. This is especially true of smaller restaurants. While Domino's might provide an almost always accurate estimate on the cooking time on your pizza because they have very strict procedures and ingredient lists as well as training, a family-owned Indian restaurant isn't going to get it right every single time. That's just impossible.

You could be right, but I think whether or not the restaurant was in the right is kind of irrelevant at this point. If they have horrible service, you just decide to not go there again. You don't terrorize them and curse and harass people.

Yep. The kicker is they open at 5:30. but were nice enough to answer the phone at 5:25 and take our order! They were just getting the kitchen opened for the evening. It's completely within the bounds of good customer service to take that whole 20 minutes they told us it would take.

(Great place and I'll keep going back there. Except my company is changing

Aside the obvious * * * * wad behavior, did anyone else notice that there's no possible way this guy has EVER cooked food before in his life?

LOL He had one signature dish that he liked to try to "coach" me on how to make.

You could be right, but I think whether or not the restaurant was in the right is kind of irrelevant at this point. If they have horrible service, you just decide to not go there again. You don't terrorize them and curse and harass people.

Agreed. My thought is that 1 minute over an estimate is nowhere NEAR the point when you should start getting ticked off your food is late.

Maybe 10-25 minutes depending on the estimated wait, maybe then you can start grumbling. The time before annoyance has to go up with the complexity of your order as well. Heck, I've never worked any sort of restaurant job and I have the presence of mind to know I'm not the only person being served. It's common sense.

Really, if you're going to resort to yelling, wait until after you've spoken to the manager and he's kindly told you to piss off without so much as an "I'm sorry." Then I'd say you can give him a piece of your mind about the sad quality of his establishment if you feel the need.

Archived