last night seemed amazing at the time, now a rumor has messed up everything

lovelikethis11

I am kind of upset about this... here's what happened:

I have been "talking" (unofficially dating) this boy for the past month or so. It has been going really well, and last night we both went to a big dance party of a mutual friend at a club. No one except our close friends knew about us being together... so for everyone else, it was kind of a big surprise. And I hate saying this, but the dancing got well... kind of raunchy. Most of the other couples were dancing like this too; nothing too dirty or bad, but since this was our first time publicly dating i guess it sort've shocked a lot of people. He wasn't in school today (we are 16 btw) and everything seemed to be going fine all day. A lot of people said how cute we looked together and how innocent most people saw it and i got a lot of little smiles from his close friends. then, it got bad. I got a text message from him at the end of the day saying that people were saying crap about what we had done last night. this was news to me because no one had made any comment to me today (and he wasn't even in school!). I talked to one of our mutual friends on the way out, and he said that a rumor has been started that i gave him a handjob at the party. (this is very untrue, but i shamefully, horribly admit that i had my hand down his pants ONCE the whole night for like a second. and now i terribly regret it. so i guess someone saw something and thought it would be funny to tell the whole school! great. so i called him to see what he thought. and he wants us to take a break and cool things off right now. i asked him if he was mad at me and he said yes. ughhhhhhh. i know what we did was stupid, but it shouldn't mean that our whole relationship that was just starting should end because of one stupid rumor and people talking. last night seemed so great between us (in the moment) and i can't believe that this could just end it. i don't know what to do about it. plus everyone sees me as the total straight arrow girl and i don't want this to ruin my reputation too. so yeah... i feel like everything got totally messed up. does anyone have any advice how to stop this and make things better between this boy and i??? thank you so much!!

Wow, well...was he complaining when you had your hand there? If he asked you to stop, then I can see why he would be a little upset. My guess is he didn't, so he should not be mad at you.

I do think it was kind of a dumb thing to do, but we all do stupid stuff! Odds are, people will forget about it in a little while. It's high school. Someone will do something even more shocking, and in no time everyone will be off your back.

As for him, give him time to get over it. If he doesn't come around soon, then you should move on. Guys that age are really sensitive to what their friends/everyone else says about them, so if he doesn't get over it soon, odds are he just won't. This either ruined it for him or it didn't, and you'll know soon.

Archived