At any point after a break up, have you ever had suicidal thoughts?

Not really, but I have had thoughts of killing someone lol...

That was long in the past back when I was 16 and some very weird crap happened with the first girl i was kinda together with. I wanted to kill that skank lol...

Hi,

No - not of suicide, but i have thought that it would be cool not to wake up a couple of times during my darkest moments. but the point made above about proving to them that you dont need them is a good one that keeps you going. I understand the post about forget them and prove it to yourself, but when your feeling that low proving it to yourself doesn't seem to matter.

I know the pain is bad, unbearable and seems like it just goes on with no end in sight, but you are better than that. Remember (although i know its hard), somewhere out there there is someone cute, funny and sincere looking for someone like you to make their life complete. Why deprive them of the chance of you?

Ok. I'm telling you all something that barely anyone I know knows... I had a break up years ago and I let it tear me apart and I attempted suicide, something I NEVER thought I would be capable of. All it did was hurt my family and those who actually cared about me and the guy it was over, when he found out it just backed up his reasons for ending things. It was a stupid thing to do and after it I told myself no matter how bad I ever feel I will NEVER do that again over anyone. The guy who I'm separated from now I love so much more then I ever loved that ex from the past and this situation has caused me so much more pain and heartbreak but I WON'T give in to the pain. Life is too good and nothing is ever worth attempting suicide over. Embrace life, even when you're feeling pain, it is this pain and sadness that actually makes us stronger people in the end.

First of all - these thoughts are scary and fell almost uncontrollable and usually pretty indicative of your overall health. You are probably not eating or sleeping properly.

I know you hear it all the time but you should REALLY talk to some one about it, any one, your friends/family, a GP. But sooner is better than later.

I have never been suicidal but I can really relate to wanting the pain to end. I think the biggest thing people neglect to look at is the finality of the decision and the effect it has on the people who love you. If your relationship has broken down then that person.....probably doesn't love you. Is it worth that? No, never.

You are bigger than your relationship and bigger than your"problems" - don't let them define you or your life.

I can't say suicidal but close for a second. NO ONE IS WORTH THAT. Nothing is worth that. There is only one thing you are supposed to do with your life and that is LIVE. I know it's hard but you have to find a way to laugh at life. Even in the darkest moments.

Archived