if all you do is lie,

Never say hello

if you really mean goodbye,

if you really mean forever

then say at least you'll try,

Never say forever

'cuz forever makes me cry

---

In a similar vein, this Neil Gaiman quote makes me cry so I'm just cutting and pasting it without rereading it:

“Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love.”

Neil Gaiman is getting married again, I hear.

Lmao... People never really give up on love... well some do, but it is not common. No matter how hurt we have been we always come crawling back for more Such is human nature, it's quite pleasant to be honest. Because you know that no matter how far down you go, you will crawl back out and life will be beautiful again Just need time and patience and the will to do so.

Since my divorce, over 20 years ago, I have never said "I love you" very often. I still love, but not in a romantic way. I love my bf, but my heart has never beat faster nor has my stomach ever had butterflies in it. Do I love him? Yes, but not that way. He will never have the power to hurt me. He loves me the same way, we understand each other perfectly. Romantic love inevitably means pain, sooner or later. NO thanks.

Lmao... People never really give up on love... well some do' date=' but it is not common. No matter how hurt we have been we always come crawling back for more Such is human nature, it's quite pleasant to be honest. Because you know that no matter how far down you go, you will crawl back out and life will be beautiful again Just need time and patience and the will to do so.[/quote']

I like this .....it is very comforting...

Archived