How to show interest in a friend?

mijo

Does anyone have any tips? Here's a bit of background...

I'm 25 and the guy is 30. We've known each other and been friends for a couple of years, I met him through my housemate who he is close friends with and I see him when we all go out together, or we sometimes see each other at our local bar on weekends etc etc. We got on really well, have the same interests, he really makes me laugh etc etc. We always joke about and make comments on each others facebook etc but we don't have each others numbers so I couldn't just text him to meet up the 2 of us etc.

He has been single since I've known him and I don't know much about his take on women etc etc. He is a v friendly and funny guy so I find it hard to tell whether her is interested in me or is just being a mate. Many of my friends have commented how they could see us together and we'd make a great couple etc, but I know that doesn't really mean anything.

I was just wondering if anybody has any tips for how I could try and make it known to him that I like him as more than a friend without coming straight out and telling him??

Thanks.

Have you guys gone out alone? Maybe a movie you want to watch and invite him to come with you? I'm sure you can message him through FB!

Flirt with him when you're together and see how he responds without overly acting as if you're completely hitting on him.

I think dropping hints when other friends are around might end up being too intimidating?

If you guys have a local bar you meet up at, I would message him one day (or night) and casually suggest meeting at the local spot for a beer? Like say hey, I was thinking that i was in the mood for XXXXX from Insert Bar Name Here. Might you find yourself there tonight? Or more direct, wanna join me?

The best way IS to tell him straight out. Why go half way?

Your either like him for you do. Why throw hints?

You HAVE to be willing to risk the friendship. Think. Would you rather be stuck in love(if you are) with him and he's telling you about tall the girls he's dating (if it comes to that). Been down that road to many times. It's unhealthy.

Just do it.

Archived