I want to reach out but I won't

Jetta

It's setting in finally. I miss him already and I want to talk to him, but I know that would be a mistake. So I'm posting instead. Yes it's my birthday I home alone and have an on-line exam to take, otherwise spring break has begun.

I think I misread what he was saying and that he wanted my to show I cared, but instead I took it negatively and walked out. Either way it's over now, because I just didn't understand his way of thinking. I feel like he was a gem of a guy, who showered me with gifts of flowers and chocolates. Most guys don't do that, my mom said mr. romance wanted more romance from me and she's probably right.

I'm just wallowing, I thought I found the guy I was supposed to marry, despite all the red flags, no one is perfect you know. I was wrong. Wish I'd meet someone new so I could move on from thoughts of him onto thoughts of a new guy.

First of all, Happy Birthday!

Secondly, don't judge how you reacted. I read some of your earlier posts. He took you to a public place. I think you reacted well. Most people would have made some type of scene. Have you spoken with him since then?

Enjoy the rest of your day. Spend time with your daughter, have a glass (or three) of wine. Take care of you today.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. No I probably won't hear from him ever again. I'm so weak when it comes to this guy. I said I wouldn't take him back but if he were to want to come back I probably would.

Miss Jetta, having only followed the goings on here based on this thread, I feel that this was not the right guy for you. While it might be a black and white statement, some people work and some people don't. Some people get each other, and some people don't.

That you feel weak when it comes to this guy that had red flags is not good. You were letting him be the controlling factor in the relationship, whatever he says you feel you would do. That aint good, hun. That you were able to so easily misread him and he you would show that a lot of time needed to be spent on both sides to gain an understanding of your different 'love languages'.

That you thought you'd found the guy you were going to marry, would suggest a level of expectations going into these relationship. Reasonably, you've met the guy you are going to marry when he asks you and you say yes.

While you likely don't want to hear that it was probably the best thing that things have turned out the way they have. But I think you know the best thing is just to deal with this, wallow until you are done wallowing and not leap right back into a relationship with someone else.

And of course, you know (and have been here long enough) that we are here for you.

Well the exam can be taken yesterday, today, or tomorrow and I'm opting for tomorrow (too many distractions today). I should be studying but it's open book and I seem to think I'll do okay. That's probably not good thinking though.

Jetta

Open book exams are good and bad. They can be tougher than you expect. It sucks you might have to study on your b-day. Maybe you can spend time early tomorrow to study for a few hours? Relax tonight if you can. You seem like you might be a little distraught tonight. Get it out now and take care of business tomorrow.

happy birthday.

i am sorry about the guy, but agree that he wasn't a good match for you. these types that come on so strong in the beginning disappear quickly too. it's unfortunate. i don't know. maybe they are just in love with falling in love? oh well. try to put him out of your mind for a while so you can study for your exam, ok?

Archived