Too much attention

sweetooth

I am curious how you all feel if someone you are casually dating (not exclusive) calls you 2-3 DAILY and if you don't pick up, they text you. Would you feel very put off? Would it escalate? I already have my own feelings about this and think I have a plan but I am curious what you all think....Thanks!

Though I completely agree that is WEIRD, when you are super into someone and they have a reason to call you that many times (saw something funny you'd want to know about, have something interesting to say to you that pertains to something you both talked about, etc.) then you'd love the attention. I say that from experience. I always HATED that kind of 2-3 times a day calling when the guy didn't have anything interesting to say. But when you meet someone you are truly into and he calls you that much with something funny to bring to the table, you'll eat it up. So, part of this means you aren't all that into him or he doesn't have something cool to say when he does call.

The texting IS overkill. We all have to find a good balance of contact but not too much so that each person doesn't feel smothered and annoyed.

I would just not text back for a while and politely say you are busy at the moment. Eventually it will probably wear off (that is, if you keep dating).

O i have one guy who texts me all day starting at 8 am and will send the same text twice if I dont reply but he is not as bad as the guy before that who was very push he was from a place I never visit or have ever been and kept asking would I date someone from there its a 4 hour drive away I kept saying no its too far and he kept texting etc but after I ignored him for a week or two he eventually stopped. I thought I was needy lol

Archived