Rude guys iming me

newwave

I made the mistake of signing up for Yahoo personals. Not one of the guys fits what I am looking for (namely no kids, near me, looking for ltr, prefer never married and around my age). Ok, I have no problem with guys sending me messages even though they aren't my type. I just delete them.

However, I logged into Yahoo messenger and three guys from the site contacted me (I think my yahoo address is on my profile). I politely told them I wasn't interested. I got some weird responses such as "I am a nice guy, give me a chance", or "I'll treat you good", etc. However the nastiest one was as follows:

"You think you're too good for us fathers. You ungrateful He then went off on me. I've had guys on other online sites (namely Plentyoffish) send me rude messages but I could delete them". However, this one bothered me because it was through an im. I sent a message to Yahoo and deleted my profile.

I'm not that serious about finding anyone now because I have financial issues and I hope the guy I like will come around. If I was, I'd be upset about this.

Things like this happen to others?

Well some guys (girls too) take it personally when they are rejected but that is just part of the dating game. There is a way to turn off the IM on most dating sites. Don't give up because some guy gave you a hard time. His feelings were hurt so he lashed out, which was inappropriate but shows his true character.

I heard that guys prefer it when you don't respond versus responding with a no thanks. I wonder if that's true. ?

Yeah I was surprised these guys were this rude. I wasn't serious about online dating, but it turned me off to it. If the guy I like doesn't become a serious relationship (I hope it does) then I'll meet guys other ways. I am completely done with online dating. Too many weird guys. I actually deleted all my profiles on every sites. I wouldn't feel comfortable even trying online dating while I'm still hoping someone becomes the one.

I'd stay away from dating sites. It's just not a natural medium for mating. Meeting them out in the real world is the best way.

I agree with this for the most part. It's a meat market, and a virtual one at that. Not saying you can't find someone good there, but I think your chances are much better meeting someone in your travels where you can actually see them, make eye contact, talk, etc. It's much more naturally conducive.

I agree with this for the most part. It's a meat market, and a virtual one at that. Not saying you can't find someone good there, but I think your chances are much better meeting someone in your travels where you can actually see them, make eye contact, talk, etc. It's much more naturally conducive.

That's what I'm going to stick with if this guy doesn't workout. There's too many guys out there wanting a casual fling. Plus many guys lie online.

Well, I haven't been single for a good long while now, but perhaps I can offer you some perspective: Things haven't changed, really. People are as whacked out as ever, the ways they can express that inner psycho have changed....but the people haven't changed.

In no particular order, here are some highlights (lowlights?) of my various experiences with newspaper personals, online personals and online chat from, oh, say the early 90's up until I met my husband:

The guy who was only talking to me because he heard "fat chicks were good in bed because they were desperate"

The African American man who insisted I was racist because I wouldn't meet up with him for sex

The man who I had nothing in common with but kept insisting we should meet because we lived about a mile from each other

The various ones who wanted to psychoanalyze me after a 15 minute chat

The guy who told me I was "stupid" for looking for a relationship leading to marriage

The man who kept contacting me and acting interested...but could never quite get around to meeting in person.

The married guy who wanted a gal to spend "special times" with while his wife was out of town for work.

So, I'm fairly certain what you're running into isn't some new phenomenon...it's just that there are a lot of people who are a bubble (or more) off plumb. Meeting in a "once removed" fashion -- newspaper personals in previous times or online -- with no acquaintences/friends in common seems to encourage some folks to let their inner weirdness out.

"Next!" the ones who set off your internal alarm and don't look back. There are decent ones out there...but it's kinda like a bowl of granola...what isn't fruits & nuts is flakes.

Those guys all sound like idiots. I did meet a guy who tried the psychoanalyze thing right after we met. Literally, we sat down and he proceeded to tell me how lonely I was, etc. It was creepy. I've had guys meet me and right away insult my looks. Sounds like all of those guys were just looking for sex. I've had those guys along with a few guys that thought a first meeting (I never meet for a date first) meant we were items. Pretty creepy.

Those guys all sound like idiots. I did meet a guy who tried the psychoanalyze thing right after we met. Literally, we sat down and he proceeded to tell me how lonely I was, etc. It was creepy. I've had guys meet me and right away insult my looks. Sounds like all of those guys were just looking for sex. I've had those guys along with a few guys that thought a first meeting (I never meet for a date first) meant we were items. Pretty creepy.

They were.

But I kept on meeting different ones. Eventually found a really good one and married him, so it works out.

Success - fall down 7 times, get up 8 times.

Some weirdo said he was tryin' to break a Guinness book world record of most beautiful women to run him over with their cars. What the hell?!?!?! Think that takes the crazy cake. Needless to say I declined. He was like, you won't hurt me! :shocked!: Nutbag...

Archived