Hi,

Not sure if this is where i should post this, but looked like a good option...

Since i was about 13 i have had large-ish breasts, something that i got teased constantly about. It ruined my self esteem, i'm hunched over to try to hide them even now years later.

I have other medical issues from my breasts also, and the doctor and the surgeon have both said a reduction would be good for my body.

I'm quite thin, weigh 55kg, and my breasts are a D cup...i'm VERY top heavy and want to go through with the reduction. My boyfriend is also VERY supportive of this decision...

Has anyone had a reduction performed?? Bad side affects?? Health problems?? I know about the prospect of not being able to breast feed properly if i was to have children, but my sister in law has blown that myth out of the water as she has had no problem.

Just wondering if anyone has any stories to share...are you happy you went through it?? Is it painful??

Thanks

A coworker went through the process after checking on insurance coverage with HR. It was only AFTER the procedure that she was informed it wasn't covered by her plan.

Check out costs carefully.

Other than this horrible debt weighing her down now, she looks and feels great.

My Mum had one a few years back - and it was painful, but she also says it's the best thing she's ever done. Her quality of life is so much better just being free of all the back, shoulder and neck problems. (She can also buy clothes that fit her properly rather than closthes two sizes too big so her boobs will fit in them.)

I don't know where you are, but she was covered by the NHS so cost wasn't an issue.

Thanks for all the posts guys, very helpful indeed.

I am covered by Private Health Cover and have looked into it with both my doc and health fund...i get nearly 50% back, so i'm pretty stoked with that outcome.

I really think once i get it done, i'll be so much more confident and happy, so i've got another date with the doctor next week to sign papers and what not, and from my own research and responses here, the pain seems worth it!!

Thanks again!!

Archived