I've cut off 2 very close friends....and I feel great! :D

simply

I recently posted a thread about feeling useless and depressed. Despite my ambitions I couldn't figure out why I was feeling so down, and unmotivated to persue any of it.

Quick background. I've had these two 'friends" around for over 10 years. Friend A is an idiot when he drinks and friend B has no life (no job for 7 years, plays video games all day, leaches off friends, has no presentation in public, goes to the gym, then wears the same sweaty clothes out to a bar.)

Your probably wondering why I even bothered with them in the first place, well they were'nt always like this, they were actually pretty cool guys with ambitions of their own. Why that all changed is another story.

So yesterday, friend A gets drunk (big surprise) and outta nowhere, he tells friend A that I don't wanna hang around him because he has no life. Meanwhile friend A always talks crap about friend B behind his back, assuming he does the same to me when i'm not around.

So friend B hears this, doesn't even confront me to find out if this is all true. He deletes me from facebook and writes a status saying whatta bad friend I am. (how childish is that? the man is 30 for christs sakes)

So, suffice to say, these two birds are no longer friends of mine, and with that in mind. I finally realized something, like it hit me as soon as I woke up this morning. I feel great! I now finally get that it was those two that were bringing me down, i've always questioned it, but was like, nahhh, it's just me. But it actually is them, keep in mind, these guys come around all the time, like 5 days a week i'm surrounded by this negative shyte. So over the course of 10 years, it just became normal, sad to admit.

So I wake up, I feel good, like happy go lucky with a smile good, I finally go back to the gym (which was something I was complaining about in my last thread, being depressed n not going etc.) I have this amazing workout, I feel amazing right now, it's a great day out, and all because i've finally cut loose the two things that were bringing me down.

So this goes to show all of you here at enotalone, if you feel in anyway that a friend, SO or whoever in your life is bringing you down. GET RID OF THEM. it's a good feeling, trust me.

Feel free to relate, hopefully this inspires you to see something in that negative friend or SO of yours.

They could be the escape goat here. When one is depressed it's easy to blame it on the people closest to you. These two may not be the best example of a good friend, but if you ever feel alone someday and want a hangout buddy you may think of them and how you lost your buddies. Don't let me be right on this one.

They could be the escape goat here. When one is depressed it's easy to blame it on the people closest to you. These two may not be the best example of a good friend, but if you ever feel alone someday and want a hangout buddy you may think of them and how you lost your buddies. Don't let me be right on this one.

Not even close, i'm not in sever depression, I just feel like shyte lately because a few changes that have been made in my life. But having those two around didn't help, it got to the point where I was feeling obligated to hang out with them. Now that it isn't a problem, I feel much better. I never said i'm blaming them for my lifes mistakes or the position that i'm in, however, I am saying that your surroundings do have an impact on you. And as you can tell, friends like these will put out a negative impact alot more than positive.

Also, they're not my only friends, I have other close hangout buddies, these two just come around more often. In fact, some of my other friends won't come around when these two are with me, because their not too fond of them.

That's what toxic friends do to you...maybe not intentionally but if you're surrounded by bad energy, you definitely are more susceptible to getting sick (or as you state, feeling like shyte!). So I say, good for you and embrace this. Personally, the older I get, the more selective I am in regards to friendships. I only need positive energy in my life!

That's what toxic friends do to you...maybe not intentionally but if you're surrounded by bad energy, you definitely are more susceptible to getting sick (or as you state, feeling like shyte!). So I say, good for you and embrace this. Personally, the older I get, the more selective I am in regards to friendships. I only need positive energy in my life!

Thats for sure, I just wished I acted on this sooner, positive energy is really important. I only get that from certain friends. Shoulda spent more time with them in the first place. The statement, "you are who you hang with" is true in so many ways.

Archived