So I met a girl in a gay club. She was cute as hell and we kissed a lot. Stupidly, I told her I am straight and have never really met a girl in a bar. She was surprised and said she was a lesbian and she liked me. She was very affectionate and I really liked her so I took her number and text her to say let me know you get home OK, which she did, saying was nice to meet you. I text her this afternoon to make conversation, and although I didn't say it, hoping I could ask her on a date but she hasn't replied.

If a girl told you she was straight, would it put you off even if she was clearly still interested in you? Also, I really liked her...in that way. I have had intense crushes on girls before and obviously I have kissed girls but I have only ever had sexual relationships with men. I am worried that if we did go on a date (1) I wouldn't know what to do or (2) I wouldn't like it.

I can't speak for the gay folks out there because I'm straight, but say I were to reverse this...

If I met someone in a straight bar, made out with him all night, and then he tells me he's gay. But he's still trying to pursue me. I'd say that he's mighty confused about his sexuality and I wouldn't want to touch it with a ten foot pole.

You aren't straight my dear, so you shouldn't identify as such. Maybe bi-curious.

So I met a girl in a gay club. She was cute as hell and we kissed a lot. Stupidly, I told her I am straight

You know, that doesn't really sound too "straight". However, this might be a fairly ordinary progression in one's personal discovery etc.

If you like her then you out it to yourself to see where this will take you.

It might work out or might not, what you DONT want is to wonder "what if".

edit: I think that the "taking a chance and not knowing where this is going, or could go" is a pretty normal thing for any orientation dating really.

I'm wondering if she sobered up the next day and simply decided she didn't want to be experimental material. If you really like her, maybe try calling her.

Lesbian "dates" aren't that weird...coffee or dinner, a movie, etc. You could get to know her a bit and decide if you want to take things to the next level. Take care...

I'm wondering if she sobered up the next day and simply decided she didn't want to be experimental material. If you really like her, maybe try calling her.

Lesbian "dates" aren't that weird...coffee or dinner, a movie, etc. You could get to know her a bit and decide if you want to take things to the next level. Take care...

As a gay man, I must disagree and conclude than lesbian dates MUST be weird on principle.

OP, what IS your orientation as you understand it?

As a gay female, yes, I would be put off by someone who made out with me and said they were straight.

As cruel as it sounds, I dont want to be someones "experiment". Id prolly tell them to call me when they have sorted themselves out.

As a gay man, I must disagree and conclude than lesbian dates MUST be weird on principle.

OP, what IS your orientation as you understand it?

Bisexual, but because my friends are all straight, I have never dated girls and I work in a very uptight profession, I always identify myself as straight. Stupid!

Bisexual, but because my friends are all straight, I have never dated girls and I work in a very uptight profession, I always identify myself as straight. Stupid!

You know, if you're honest with her, and just tell her that, she's probably more likely to understand.

If I were you, I'd just be honest with her. Tell her that you haven't had a sexual relationship with someone female before, but you're not totally sure of your sexuality. Tell her that you find her attractive, and that you'd like to meet up again.

But also understand as some of the people above have said - if she doesn't want to be an experiment, that's perfectly understandable as well. If you understand that, explain that to her as well. If you're not sure about how things will pan out, it's only fair to tell her that before committing to anything.

I've been a friend's experiment before - I had liked her for about two years, and she suddenly decided that she wanted to "see what it'd be like"...we got fairly close physically and emotionally...and then she decided that she was straight after all. Which was shattering for me after liking her so much.

It's not like she's going to be completely un-understanding at you telling her you're straight because you're so used to telling other people that. I'd just ring her and explain, and hope things go well.

Archived