First Date with a Model

Collegeguy

I just asked out a nice quiet looking girl from the gym. She said yes and added me as a friend on facebook. Well I looked at her facebook and it turns out shes completely different then what I expected. Shes a model and a partier. I guess she looks completely different when shes working out. I was expecting a shy quiet girl. This throws me off because I am a shy quiet guy. Our date is coming up and I'm getting pretty nervous. Her ex-boyfriends look 10 times better than me and she is pretty gorgeous. We did not talk much before I asked her out so i think she was attracted to my looks and muscles. I'm thinking I have to play the part I look, which is a cocky douchebag. I know people are going to say be myself, but I definitely KNOW thats not going to work with her. I'm boring and mundane and she lives the exciting nightlife. I don't care about starting a relationship on lies, its not a lie if I'm just portraying a different version of my personality. I can play the part easily and eventually she'll like me for who I am. I really do want to start something with this girl, but I also am thinking why bother trying shes so out of my league. I'm not sure about what I am doing at all.

This is all about a girl you haven't even had a date with yet? It should be a non-issue, if she's not right for you in terms of lifestyle and character you'll know after a date or two and time to move on to someone else. Plenty of good looking girls around, not all partiers.

Just because she is a model and dated nice looking men doesn't mean she's looking for douche bag......Maybe she wants to date a nice guy and maybe the guys she dated before were nice guys.

i think you are making too many assumptions based on facebook.

Be yourself and if it's not going to work with her, then so be it.

What is the alternative? Pretend to be somebody your not forever?

At the same time you don't have to say to her "I'm boring and mundane." Let her know your interests when she asks, but ask a lot about her...and see if she's a girl you'd be interested in...rather then worry if you're someone she would want.

I know people are going to say be myself, but I definitely KNOW thats not going to work with her.

I'm boring and mundane and she lives the exciting nightlife.

I don't care about starting a relationship on lies, its not a lie if I'm just portraying a different version of my personality.

Actually, you don't know jack. If you think playing some ignorant, immature, condecending * * * * * is going to win her, you're an idiot. Just because she is a partier and a model doesn't mean she wants to be with someone who is a jerk.

Be yourself...

Okay, so without being egotistical, I'm a very attractive guy. I'm 6'6" and I've been approached more than once in my past to sign with agencies for print and runway modeling.

Now, having said that, I'm just a normal dude and when I'm interested in someone, it's because he's a great guy, smart and funny. I don't want a groupie or an acolyte fawning over me, hanging on my every word, mouth drooling.

I'm interested in people. Not whipped personalities.

Moral of the story: Just be yourself.

i agree - be yourself. you can't put on an act and pretend to be someone you are not. the lies will catch up with you eventually.

that said - maybe she is not looking for Mr. Party dude! just get to know her. after all, you may decide you don't want to date a party girl yourself.

I think that the OP is making some wild assumptions about what this girl likes and what she dates. I think that you just have to look at this as a date, just like with any other girl. Do not build this girl up because she is a model. Have fun on the date and thats it.

I think that the OP is making some wild assumptions about what this girl likes and what she dates. I think that you just have to look at this as a date, just like with any other girl. Do not build this girl up because she is a model. Have fun on the date and thats it.

agreed 150%!!!!

She's agreed to go on a date based on who you are. BE who you are. Just because someone's attractive it doesn't mean they're a cocky DB, honest! If you're pretending to be someone else, you don't stand a chance of being accepted by anyone else - because you've ALREADY rejected yourself. Don't do that!

Even people who are apparently intimidating because of their intelligence/talent/looks/fame are all the same emotionally. Don't let her FB page intimidate you!

Okay, so without being egotistical, I'm a very attractive guy. I'm 6'6" and I've been approached more than once in my past to sign with agencies for print and runway modeling.

Now, having said that, I'm just a normal dude and when I'm interested in someone, it's because he's a great guy, smart and funny. I don't want a groupie or an acolyte fawning over me, hanging on my every word, mouth drooling.

I'm interested in people. Not whipped personalities.

Moral of the story: Just be yourself.

Wow, you are 6'6"? That is tall.

sorry off topic....

another thing to consider is she isn't going to have pictures of herself up when she's sitting at home chilling in sweats you know? Many of my pictures on FB are from nights out with friends, but I do that maybe once a month, so just because those pics are up it doesn't mean that is the only thing she is interested in at all.

And I am guessing you two are mature adults, which means she has had her fair share of douche bags in the past. I feel like you may be sabatoging a chance with a great girl all because of biases and assumptions that you never would have formed if not for facebook.

Archived