I'm inept! Help me!

IGlareOften

I've, seriously, posted on like 4 different guys already. I have the worst luck with guys. It's ridiculous. I need some opinions though.

I have a speech class with this dude. From day one I was floored by his mind and personality(and he's insanely hot to boot) By pure happenstance, his best friend invited me to this open mic poetry thing they go to every week. I went the first week, and when he saw I was there (with a friend of mine) he came over and immediately hugged me. I'm kind of awkward person so I was like..uhhh. He hugged me goodbye, that same night. Now, I see him twice a week in class, and he sits right next to me. Because he's so attractive, I tend to look at him alot. (He sits on the opposite side of the front of the room.) 9:10 when I look at him..he was already looking at me. (his chair is at an angle that if he was looking at the teacher, he could look straight on. My chair is at an angle. GAH...I'm over thinking this.)

Anyway, so he looks at me all the time. Any time I look at him he makes eye contact. He smiles or tilts his head. Today we broke up into groups and I was with him. When I walked up to the group..he gave me a high five. I didn't see he was wanting one...so he said.."Or not" and I was like...OH I'm blonde. And high fived him. Anyway, long story short.

I'm not the most attractive person. I mean, I can be...but I'm a chunk. I've been conditioned to think that the kind of guy I like doesn't like that. So, I'm insecure with that. I don't want to read into it..and think he likes me when he doesn't. Because I feel like if he liked me he'd make a move. But, in the same respect....I'm VERY aloof and sarcastic. 99% percent of people say I've very hard to read. My fear is he does like me but is afraid to say anything because I'm so breezy about everything.

Question guys: How do I tell if he likes me? Is it possible? Or am I reading into this? And is "He's just not that into you" right? If he liked me..he'd make a move...aloof nature or not?

Help...I'm inept!

If he liked me..he'd make a move...aloof nature or not?

Not necessarily. He might have trouble 'making the move', which is something that was highly rated in dating in 1960. 50 years on... if YOU like him, why don't YOU make a move?

And what if he is aloof?

you're not (or shouldn'tbe) defined by any relationship you're in.

stop overanalysing things and just relax and enjoy the ride. If something happens - great. If not, at least you've had fun getting to know someone new.

It's not a race to 'find someone' ... relax

you're not (or shouldn'tbe) defined by any relationship you're in.

stop overanalysing things and just relax and enjoy the ride. If something happens - great. If not, at least you've had fun getting to know someone new.

It's not a race to 'find someone' ... relax

My problem IS that I'm a thinker. I think and process like 99 % of the day. I'm less emotional than most women...and that gets me in trouble. I tend to think myself out of liking someone based on nothing.

Just the last guy I thought liked me...turned out to only want to be my friend. It burned me and caused us not to really have a friendship at all. So, I hesitate making moves. Also, because (except for my first serious boyfriend) I always make the move. I think men are scared of me.....because of my personality(I'm very independent and out spoken. I'm not really scared of much) I'd just like to feel like a girl, ya know? Have guys be man enough to approach me. I dunno. Beggars can't be choosers. Can't have my cake and eat it too. Any more metaphors that are poignant here? Ha.

the last guy who just wanted to be friends..did he give out the same vibe as this guy so u thought he liked u?

i sort of experienced someone similar like him.He is extremely friendly to me and also gives me high five and once he even rubbed my face,gently. But anyway he is only a friend.

it always happens to me that the guy who i think likes me in fact doesnt.the one i have no clue about,does.

tough situation, when things like this happen to me I often read it into him being interested, and jump to the conclusion. But after several lectures he would like stop looking at me, it's so weird. It happens to me all the time when I think a guy is interested but turned out not so. Why is this? Is it because I'm reading too much into things?

In your case, though I think you should make the move and at least talk to him more, if he makes obvious eye contacts and tilts his head and such, then maybe he's sending out some signals.

the last guy who just wanted to be friends..did he give out the same vibe as this guy so u thought he liked u?

i sort of experienced someone similar like him.He is extremely friendly to me and also gives me high five and once he even rubbed my face,gently. But anyway he is only a friend.

it always happens to me that the guy who i think likes me in fact doesnt.the one i have no clue about,does.

He doesn't give me the same vibe, no. This dude gives me an odd vibe. Like I feeeeeeeel things when he looks at me. It's so strange.

I want to make a move, sure...and maybe I will. I'm just scared and definitely don't want to be rejected. It would make the rest of the semester...very awkward...

Archived