I posted about this a few days ago but im pretty much feeling the same way tonight, its been over 5 months since the breakup and im oveer the pain and betrayal mostly... the only thing im not over is that she only tried initiating contact once.... some will argue that this is a good thing because it makes the healing process easier... but for me its just so damn frustrating. I mean i only initiated contact 3 times in those 5 months and she got emotional so i figured she cared... but she hasnt tried contacting me since november. I just dont get it , we were first loves i feel like nothign ever happened between us. Why isnt she aknowledging my existence, I feel like Nc has helped her completely forget about me. It sucks to think that she doesnt care that were not even friends, how can you exit a ltr , especially your first one and not feel some sort of nostalgia, is it still too soon? I hate this feeling, I dont want her back i just wanna know that she might be missing me while thinking that its whats best for us. I just cant stand the constant thoughts of her not caring whatsoever.....

I am sure she cares. I broke up with my first love, and I might have had a little practice since we broke up a few times before the final end. When I finally decided that I had to let go and broke up with him for the last time I never looked back. I didn't contact him once ever. That doesn't mean it wasn't really really hard for me. Breaking up with him was hell, but it was easier to just not talk to him for me. He only contacted me twice.

A year later he called me. Because we didn't have all of those post-break up contact fights I believe that is why he is the only ex I am still friends with. Here it is 7 years since we broke up and I went out with him on Monday night just to hang out.

So I wouldn't take her not contacting you as a bad sign. Who knows, maybe a year in you guys will be friends too.

Archived