How does this usually work?

sparx

My superior told me I'm due a promotion and raise, but he said it verbally and said it's in the works. Nothing was documented on paper (at least not handed to me). Is it the norm for promotion to be verbal and some time to pass until it becomes official?

How long should I wait before I inqurie about it?

My superior told me I'm due a promotion and raise, but he said it verbally and said it's in the works. Nothing was documented on paper (at least not handed to me). Is it the norm for promotion to be verbal and some time to pass until it becomes official?

How long should I wait before I inqurie about it?

Yes. When I got promoted, they first mentioned it to me in early May, told me a few weeks later that things were moving forward, and then formally offered me my new pay amount and title in early June. I didn't get paperwork until then.

I would give it a few weeks and then check in.

Where I work, we get raises annually, depending on our performance. So I didn't get a raise until I'd been there for a year. Based on my performance, I got the maximum raise they offered, which worked out to be 41 cents. Whoop-de-doo, now I can buy myself a new pair of shoelaces.

Sorry, I guess I just found it to be kind of a joke but I suppose as the years go on, it would add up if I stayed long enough. How long have you had your job?

Archived