im guessing he is into me. what do you think?

BeckyStar678

so this is a post i put up a few months ago:

"so there is this guy i met on halloween night. we hit it off really well (made out the whole night and we hopped bars, lol). and he called me the next day and we went out to dinner. we hung out about 5 more times that week. he then had to leave for germany for a year on the sunday after that week because he is in the army. we didnt make any commitments, but he said he wanted to keep in touch with me. i didnt sleep with him at all when we hung out since i knew he was leaving soon anyway.

he wrote to me about a couple weeks later asking to see how i was doing, and now we keep in touch every once in awhile through email. does it sound like he is into me? i keep having friends tell me "oh he just wanted to get into your pants and didnt ask you to be his girlfriend before he left because he wanted to mess around in germany". he is older than me (im 22 and he's 28 but i really feel like since he's still keeping in touch with me (though i guess he more so replies to me because i always write him first, but he's super busy- he's like a sargeant first class or something).

so i feel like im just going to trust him and wait till he comes home . . . i really dont think he was out just to sleep with me. he told me he wanted to, but i said i wasnt ready and only wanted to have sex with someone i was completely in love with. and if that didnt scare him away .. . lol. what do you think?"

ive decided to just move on and wait till he gets back . . so i stopped talking to him on facebook since he rarely wrote to me anyway. but he wrote to me last friday and said "hey havent talked to you in awhile. hope you are doing well. hopefully you still miss me and are looking forward to seeing me"

does that sound like he's worried i might have moved on or something? that email makes me feel like he is interested. . . what do you think???

i don't know - to me it sounds like he is interested in keeping the lines of communication open, and perhaps taking you out on a date when he gets back to the US should you both happen to be single. i don't think it would have made a lot of sense for him to ask you to be his gf if you just met and he was moving for a year. a case of extremely bad timing.

you know, i would keep the lines of communication open with him, but do continue to date others. if he comes back to the US and you are single and he is single, maybe you should go on a date with him!

It does seem like he's into you, and not just after sex. However I agree with the other poster that you should just live your life and not vest that much time into someone who is oversees and that you've known in person for only a couple of weeks. If you're still single when he gets back and you guys are still in touch then obviously see where it goes, however if you meet someone knew you're really into I'd go for it if I were in your shoes.

Archived