please! what am i gonna do now?

lonelygabbey

so another problem in my relationship.. my husband has this sister..she's the most horrible person and she hates the sight of me, she's been trying to get us to break up since day one, she treats me awfully and i dunno why cause i always try to be nice to her, she always says the nastiest things to me.. and now.. she's been kicked out of her apartment by her roomates(see? crazy * * * * * ) and now she's homeless.. and on her way home. me and my boyfriend already had an awful fight over the phone because he thinks that the sun shines out of every horifice on his sister. yikes. i wanted to put rules and he said that i should not comfront her and to leave her be. when she's around he treats me awful and says hurtful things to me like his sister and agrees with her when she says mean things to me.. and now she's on her way..i'm so alone.. what am i gonna do??? she's gonna make us break up, i know it, he's out picking her up... this is so awfull i hate her!! HATE her!!!!!!!!!

if you want to keep your boyfriend, then you put on your nicest face and be as sweet as can be to her. Even if you have to fake every last second of it. If you are being nothing but kind and unconfrontational then she won't be able to do anything. She is his family, you can't ask him to pick either you or her it doesn't work that way. So kill her with kindness as they say. And really it will just make her look mean and hateful if she keeps being nasty to you when you are doing nothing, so maybe that would help your bf to see how she really treats you. Whatever you do don't argue about her with your bf. Hopefully this is only a temporary situation and she will find a place soon.

If your boyfriend loves you, he will stay no matter who tries to break you guys up so don't let the sister get to you. Don't fight with your boyfriend over family because it's not going to be a winning situation for you. He will just see that you are causing drama and it will put a wedge between you guys.

You have some options: you can be nice to the sister when she's around and just go about your own life not paying attention to her. Two: you can break up with him so you don't have to put up with this. Three: If you don't want to leave your boyfriend, then find your own place so you don't have to deal with her drama. Hopefully, the sister gets her life on track and leaves you guys alone but until that happens, just do the best you can dealing with this. I know it's frustrating, but you can come on here and vent to us and you won't get in trouble : )

omg! I have this same thing happen to me! Except it was my ex boyfriend's roommate (female) instead of a sister.

I have been NOTHING but nice to her, but whatever the reason she is always so mean to me.

Is this an older sister? Is she single and alone?

My guess is she is jealous of the kind of relationship you two have. * I mean not jealous that you're with her brother and she's not...

maybe she used to hang out with her brother a lot before you came into the picture, and she feels threatned that you're taking him away from her.

You have to kill her with kindness.

In my case my boyfriend ended up breaking up with me. he's not a strong willed guy- and his roommate is CrAZY and he fell for her games, but on the plus side he is starting to realize her intentions and he can't stand her now. && I truly think that we will be getting back together again.

But yea- just be nice to her... she probably will continue to be mean, it's just the kind of person she is. I'm SO sorry you have to put up with her. I know first hand how hard it can be. PLEASE talk to me if you need to vent. The last thing you want to do is disrespect your boyfriend and say hurtful things to him about his sister, it will just make him upset with you. family comes first.

Archived