Anybody had there gallbladder removed?

I have a boredrline low functioning gallbladder and i'm due to have it removed in 2 months time.

My health over the last yaer has been terrible with multiple admissions to hospital with nausea and extreme weight loss.

All i'm reading on internet forums is how surgery made people worse! I know the very nature of forums is that they attract people who had problems surgery (why would a success story want to post!).

I need positive replies on this procedure.....Pleeeeeeeeease!

I have a friend that just got it done recently. She said she's happy because now she can eat peanuts. For some reason she couldn't eat them before I guess!! Her gall bladder was diseased. She seems ok now, hasn't said much about it but I would suppose she might have had some side effects. Maybe I'll ask her the next time I see her.

My mom has just recently been diagnosed with gall bladder disease. They are going to remove hers soon, but I'm not sure when exactly. She said that she will be able to live just fine, but she will have to make some dietary adjustments.

She explained the procedure to me and it's an outpatient thing, which is great. They make 2 small incisions, one on each side of your belly button, and they remove it through the holes.

I think that you will be fine. Just talk to your doctor about what changes you'll need to make to your diet. Good luck to you!!

My mom has just recently been diagnosed with gall bladder disease. They are going to remove hers soon, but I'm not sure when exactly. She said that she will be able to live just fine, but she will have to make some dietary adjustments.

She explained the procedure to me and it's an outpatient thing, which is great. They make 2 small incisions, one on each side of your belly button, and they remove it through the holes.

I think that you will be fine. Just talk to your doctor about what changes you'll need to make to your diet. Good luck to you!!

for mine they put a camera through my belly botton and the two instruments through my side with small incisions 2 of them and then a bigger vertical incision under where my breasts are and the gall bladder comes out there.

I had mine out 6 years ago, when I was 19 years old. Mine had to be done right away because it was causing me to have unexplained, excruciating pain after eating certain meals. After one particularly horrible episode where my mom ended up taking me to the emergency room, they found I had gallbladder stones lodged in the wall of the gallbladder. Took it out a week later, I was in a hospital for 2 days because I had some pain, but they explained that usually it was a 1 night stay. It all healed up fine, I didn't make any changes to my diet, I really can't tell any difference.

If it wasn't for the scars(pretty noticeable) I wouldn't think about it at all.

I had mine out 6 years ago, when I was 19 years old. Mine had to be done right away because it was causing me to have unexplained, excruciating pain after eating certain meals. After one particularly horrible episode where my mom ended up taking me to the emergency room, they found I had gallbladder stones lodged in the wall of the gallbladder. Took it out a week later, I was in a hospital for 2 days because I had some pain, but they explained that usually it was a 1 night stay. It all healed up fine, I didn't make any changes to my diet, I really can't tell any difference.

If it wasn't for the scars(pretty noticeable) I wouldn't think about it at all.

wow.....they kept you over night? I got thrown out an hour after I woke up.

They kept me two nights. It wasn't at the actual hospital that they did it at though, they put me in some smaller aftercare facility that was really close by. I don't know if the fact that it was infected and filled with stones had anything to do with it or not. But at the time, they'd said 1 night was normal.

They kept me two nights. It wasn't at the actual hospital that they did it at though, they put me in some smaller aftercare facility that was really close by. I don't know if the fact that it was infected and filled with stones had anything to do with it or not. But at the time, they'd said 1 night was normal.

You must be in different country than me..here it is day surgery and you are out after you wake up.

Archived