My mom and Our Move

Seraphim

My mom is getting antsy now as well as my husband's mom. I am getting all my son's school transfer together and soon I have to go for a meeting at his new school and with the new board. She wants to come with me. I know she is always very interested in her grandchildren. I think it might be a little overboard though that she goes to the meeting with the new school. Maybe she wants to be assured it is a good school? She has really outstanding instincts most of the time and maybe she is just trying to show support?

I agree with your thought, I think she just wants to come with you to the meeting because she wants to know if this is a good school for your son and because she wants to be involved in his life, even though you guys are not going to be living close by.

Good luck with your move. Personally, I hate moving. It is a physically and emotionally stressful thing to do. When I moved out here from the Midwest, it was emotionally and physically exhausting even though I had movers move most of my stuff. Just saying good-bye to the people and the city that I had lived in for almost 15 years of my life, was traumatic.

I agree with your thought, I think she just wants to come with you to the meeting because she wants to know if this is a good school for your son and because she wants to be involved in his life, even though you guys are not going to be living close by.

Good luck with your move. Personally, I hate moving. It is a physically and emotionally stressful thing to do. When I moved out here from the Midwest, it was emotionally and physically exhausting even though I had movers move most of my stuff. Just saying good-bye to the people and the city that I had lived in for almost 15 years of my life, was traumatic.

Yeah it is going to be hard. I have lived close to my family my entire life. I am sure we will make it through though

Archived