Open Club  ·  24 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

Hotwire.com for hotels?

JeckyllNHyde

Hi guys! So I'm taking a trip to the US in a few weeks. First trip I'm booking alone.

I'm going to be going to Miami and looking for a decent hotel. 3 stars and up. But obviously 3stars will fit my budget way more.

I came accross link removed and they have some good deals. But I'm unfamiliar with their policy or the way their site works.

Has anyone used this site for booking?

Any experiences and advice?

Thanks u.

Sorry, never used that one. But I can recommend priceline. I've gotten some killer deals there. The key to getting the best price is to book as far out in advance as possible. The farther out, the cheaper it gets. If you do your homework, you can really score some pretty sweet deals.

I saw priceline but was a bit confused. You enter an offer and then I'm guessing they find a match right?

When you send a review are you obligated to go with priceline? I ask since I saw you have to enter your name and check the box that you agree with the terms.

I don't know what you're referring to by "review", but you can see as you check prices if you're about to make the purchase before you click. You can do the match your price feature, or just look around in general at what they have to offer. The best way to get the cheapest deal though is to use the price match and book as far out in advance as possible.

Yeah I've gotten very good deals with priceline as well. You do get to review the choice before booking, if you don't like it you can cancel. Though it is a little tricky and not overly clear when you 'name your price'. I also use link removed and it's fairly close on general bookings. Never used hotwire. Good luck! Miami is very cool. Not sure if this helps, but you can also fly into Ft. Lauderdale for Miami. Dunno if flights are cheaper there or not. Probably not. =p lol

Ohh ok thanks. Sorry by review I meant to write "request". As in when you make a price offer.

It's been awhile since I used priceline but as I remember it you offer say $100 and someone agrees you are committed to the price. That's one reason you go waaaay low, like unreasonably low. I think it does say something like, 'if you click find matches we will book if a match is found'. Read carefully!

It's been awhile since I used priceline but as I remember it you offer say $100 and someone agrees you are committed to the price. That's one reason you go waaaay low, like unreasonably low. I think it does say something like, 'if you click find matches we will book if a match is found'. Read carefully!

That's right, they do try to lock you in if you're not careful. You have to make sure you read everything before you click on anything.

I cannot say that I am extremely familiar with their policies but I have booked a couple of hotels through them and I have been satisfied. You will find a better deal with priceline if you know how priceline operates. Hotwire is going to me more hotel and location specific.

With the economy, you can probably call around also and see if they have any specials at the last minute. It wouldn't hurt as I've stayed at a $299/night hotel for $160 one time on a trip. The hotel was only 30% occupied and they were doing whatever they can to book it. Just a simple phone call can get you some deep discounts

Archived