What helps with Menstrual cramps?

Have you tried Midol?

Usually, when I have terrible cramps, I like to draw a nice hot bath and lay there for awhile. It soothes my stomach. They also sell heating pads that help as well. When all else fails, I try to force myself to take a nap (sometimes it's difficult from all the pain), but when I actually do fall asleep I feel much better afterwards.

Make sure you don't drink anything cold, make it hot. I realize that cold drinks aggravates the cramps even more.

Hold off on the exercise a bit, it won't be the end of the world if you don't do it for a day.

I know exactly how you feel, because when the time of the month comes, I get excruciating pain just as well.

Feel better hun.

i agree with the bottle of hot water and i actually use something like excedrin instead of midol. excedrin has caffeine like midol but i think it's stronger and works better. and after working out and getting your hot water bottle and excedrin, try a nice nap.

Sorry sweetie! I used to get horrible cramps, to the point where I'd be out of school for days. My doctor put me on birth control for it and it actually helped a lot.

But for the immediate, like others suggested heating pads and hot baths and extra stength tylenol, or some tylenol PM to help you sleep. Also they make these things that are like sticky heating pads for muscle pain that you can get at the grocery store, I get those and put them on my stomach and they last a pretty long time.

Good luck and feel better!

Archived