Did I do the right thing???

dillydilly

About a month ago - me and my boyfriend (who lives together) had an argument. He decided he wanted to end it "For Good" claiming that he was done - he couldnt take it anymore (although the argument wasnt that serious). That day he packed up all his belongings and told me he was going to pick up the rest of his things the end of the week. I was crushed! this was the 4th or maybe 5th time he has Left and said he was done. But this time we were actually living together. I was emotionally turn up (I couldnt eat,sleep,function).. When he came back to get his things he said 'he wanted to work things out'.. He always does that after the drastic break up and grand exit.

I took sometime to think about it and decided that this wasnt a healthy relationship. I thought that if this hurts now and I am not married w/children. I could just imagine how it would feel when I do. After the 5th time of this I figured that this wasnt going to change..

He claims he is heart broken but although I love him dearly.. all I could think about is him getting upset about something else and walking out again!

Did I do the right thing???

Yes you did the right thing. Never doubt that. If this is like the fifth time, and it's been him running out constantly. He needs to have time on his own to sort out whatever his malfunction is, if he can.

I would say for now, leave it the way it stands. Let him leave. Kick him out of your life for a while. If he comes back later on. Say MONTHS down the road and he has something significant to say and he seems like he's grown up a bit. Let him back with the understanding that it can never happen again and the next time it does you will have realized he's never going to change. You're not going to put yourself out there for him to hurt you like that again.

If I were you. I'd never take him back. I'd never give him the option after he's run out on me like that and put me through all that emotion. But it's your life and I know how it feels to be in your situation. Only mine wasn't living with me. I feared it would end up like your story, and he had a bad temper putting holes in walls/doors. So yeah,......I ended it earlier to prevent what you're going through and further damage to my property and me.

Archived