What do enotaloners mean when they say Patience?

Deejmonster

Ok, So of course I know what the term patience means haha...

But you will read a lot of threads where enotaloners will advise Patience.

What do you guys mean in the terms of patience?

a. Patience in waiting for them (ex) to come back and being yourself in the meantime?

b. Patience when you are already back with them and getting the new relationship off the ground?

c. Any other means of patience that I may be missing...

Please fill me in

Thanks,

Deejmonster

Any process of change requires time to pass and to allow time to pass without messing things up for yourself and your relationship requires patience. We all want things to change or happen now, this second (even if in some cases we're probably not in the best position to make the most of it right now). Accepting that any change in viewpoint or feeling is likely to take some time is, for me, probably the most frustrating aspect.

Patience, to me, means not allowing yourself to act on your impulses. When you get the idea to call, you don't, if deep down you know it is not the right move. You give up instant gratification which may be fleeting for delayed gratification which may be lasting. You allow others to make decisions on their own in their own timeframe without your interference. It is difficult.

Patience to me seems more like a form of emotional control when it comes to break ups. In other words, don't blow up when things don't go your way-- occupy yourself and emotionally control yourself. Know that one day everything will work out, just not now-- so patience.

Archived