What works, what doesn't?

Scaphe

So I thought this would be an interesting idea. A lot of us have been through breakups, and some of us have experienced both sides of the spectrum.

For those that have ended the relationship: What things have your ex's done that have made you all the more resolved never again to date them.

Was there any specific behaviors that they've done that have attracted you towards them again?

For those that have been broken up with: What things have you done that might have hurt your chances for reconciliation afterwards?

Was there anything that seemed to have worked very well for you in getting an ex back?

In other words, I'd like to hear whatever useful information anyone can provide; perhaps it's something that everyone can use. Let's hear it folks.

For those that have ended the relationship: What things have your ex's done that have made you all the more resolved never again to date them.

Crying, acting pathetic, stalking, calling, basically trying to maintain contact.

Was there any specific behaviors that they've done that have attracted you towards them again?

Dating. Seeing that other people found my ex attractive when I didn’t made me wonder what I was missing and if maybe I made a mistake.

For those that have been broken up with: What things have you done that might have hurt your chances for reconciliation afterwards?

Trying to talk them back into my life. When they say or act like they are not interested then talking to them just annoys them more and more.

Was there anything that seemed to have worked very well for you in getting an ex back?
Yea, telling her I’m finished and wanted her out of my life forever (after a year of trying to win her back). Rejection is one of the biggest aphrodisiacs put there (look how dumpees chase the people that rejected them).

In other words, I'd like to hear whatever useful information anyone can provide; perhaps it's something that everyone can use. Let's hear it folks.

Stop trying to win them back. When you are dumped, you need to focus on yourself and try to put as much distance as possible from the dumper. This helps you detach more from them and at the same time makes them think about you more since they will start to miss you. It’s win-win, you either accept it’s over and can more on easier once you hit the acceptance stage or the dumper has second thoughts and reaches out to you again after they see you are strong enough to not wuss out and become a needy stalker.

It’s hard to think rationally when you are in an emotional state so I tell people to do the OPPOSITE of what they feel like doing. If you give into your emotions they will sabotage you. Sometimes that’s a good thing if the relationship was unhealthy, not all relationships are worth saving.

So I thought this would be an interesting idea. A lot of us have been through breakups, and some of us have experienced both sides of the spectrum.

The whole begging and pleading to come back, WILL change this time, etc.,...

This is from my most recent experience (I'm questioning myself now) - dating/seeing other people, and progressive life choices (i.e. back focused at new job, working on Master's degree, losing weight, making business/personal connections, etc.) ...

The fact she was stagnant for last 6-8 months of our relationship (fell in depression), all of a sudden made her crazily more attractive the last time I saw her cause it came through in her attitude, in addition to what she was telling me (this is one of the things that made her attractive to me in the first place)

Trying too hard afterwards...

Letting the space and time proceed so she could see how the guys she was seeing were not as good for her as myself.

Archived