how often should I weight?

This is probably a really dumb question, but I posted a few days ago that I have a goal to lose 10lbs. I am using the online website to count the calories and all that stuff and it;s going really well, day 3.

I am planning on doing the weighing once a week, I don't want to be obsessive and do it everyday because I feel like you get a skewed avg from day to day.

I am only monitoring it so I can put it in the website and it will graph it for me- which is exciting!

What has worked for everyone to keep them motivated?

I think once a week would be a good idea. I used to weigh myself very often and it was causing me to worry more. I have now gone more than two weeks without checking it, and i feel a bit better like this. I don't know when the next time that i weigh myself will be lol, but for now i'm not really curious to see the number.

I think once a week is reasonable. There are too many day-to-day variations for daily weights to really be accurate, and I find that high frequency of weigh-ins leads to high anxiety, and you obsess over every tenth of a pound lost or gained. So weekly for me, and making my weight-loss horizon several months long, so that a downward trend will become apparent, even if it takes a while.

Archived