Don't get it...Happy birthday to me...

I would totally understand if we had been hard core NC...but it's my 23rd birthday and he hasn't said a word to me...He's even online and acted like I wasn't there. He has initiated every contact since the breakup and I have played it cool. Every holiday he has made sure to be the first to contact me. He even messaged me this Saturday. He knew my bday was coming up and a few weeks ago he asked me if I was excited. Now...nothing. I felt sure he'd say SOMETHING. This hurts. Guess it's time to completely give up.

....Happy Fr*ckin birthday to me.......

If you two are no longer together he is not obligated to wish you a happy bday. I'm sorry to say this but people have to move on and isn't obligated to remember all their ex's bday and wish everyone of them a happy bday. I do wish you a happy 23rd bday tho.

Thanks guys! You're right...the day isn't over yet. No, he isn't obligated. But he has been the one contacting me and mentioning my birthday! He reached out to me this weekend. I guess that's why I'm confused. AutumnBorn--I'm really no party animal, but I went out Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun and now I'm pooped! lol. I'll probably just be low-key this evening.

Happy 23rd Birthday, First! Enjoy a quiet night to yourself - and make the most of it. This is your day, to celebrate your arrival in the world, and no one else can lessen it by what they do or do not do... but you. So make the most of it, even if it is by yourself, to yourself.

Be well.

as a present im giving you the strengh the endure this pain that you are going through and eventually to heal, anyone from this forum would die to get it, but i give it to you, you can eitehr use it or lose it, we all believe in you and know that soon you will be healed and feel great.

Happy birthday again

Perhaps he is just tired of being the one to always initiate and being the first to contact and thinks there is no point him doing it any more if you are never going to reciprocate.

Why haven't you been the first to wish him Happy Holidays or whatever?

Thank you all so much!! & Blackey thanks for your extraordinary gift--I will o my best to use it. DN I guess I haven't initiated because the times I have (since our breakup) I have felt extremely rejected by him--but in a nice way. I got tired of getting my feelings hurt so I backed away and let him contact me. So many people preach NC as a method of healing and I was trying to do that, but I can't resist when he contacts me. I just don't want to get stuck in the friendzone either. I don't see the point of ignoring someone when they're trying to reach out to you--if that makes sense? I felt like he dumped me...so if he wants me he knows where to find me--at least, that's what I thought...

Well, whatever his reasons are, you won't know for sure unless you ask him and that may be difficult.

I think your best bet is to probably start NC and move on -and don't respond to any texts.

My ex didn't text me on my birthday...and it sucked. That was like 10 days ago, and just tonight he was like "hey happy birthday by the way...I meant to text you but was busy that day and forgot and then felt dumb texting you a day or two later." Whatever, they're exes because they didn't care enough to fight for us-it's that simple. So don't invest your heart into someone who doesn't appreciate its value. And here's to next year's birthday being so much better than this one's!!

Happy Birthday fellow Pisces! Well, my ex did end up calling me on my birthday last week. I didn't answer and let it go to VM, but I just want you to know that I'm not sure if it maybe would have been better if he hadn't contacted me. On the one hand I wanted to feel like I still mattered to him in some way, but on the other hand hearing the tone in his voice... it was different. It was the first time I had heard his voice in months, yet strangely did not sound like the person I used to love - he sounded distant and cold in a way. Definitely chalking the contact up to "duty". It was nice to feel remembered... yet sad - we've become leaves just blowing in the wind.

There's a blessing and a curse in whatever happens. I hope you were able to enjoy this day as your own!

hello everyone--especially my fellow pisceans! I did enjoy my day...and did eventually hear from my ex with a lame excuse abouot why he was late with well-wishes. He ended the message with a rose symbol (guess that was my bday present?? lmao). And he also posted on my FB for everyone to see AGAIN with a message that I should check my email. em_ski, when we first broke up my ex had that cold and distant tone--but it wasn't becase he was actually cold and distant, but rather that he was trying to be. He was trying to separate himself from me, and stick to his guns about the breakup. Now when we talk...he just sounds nervous and I can tell that he plans out exactly what he's going to say before he calls.

Archived