Question for girls that have bfs

t3nder_v1ttl3s

Do you flirt with other guys? If you do then why do you flirt with other guys? Do you call other guys pet names and show affection to them? I’m just curious if this is normal for girls that are already attached.

It happens a lot with me and it can get a little carried away to the point that I start to think there are real intentions there on her part. I just want to know if this is normal behavior or not and what is possibly going on in the mind of girls that do this.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have any petnames for men who aren't my boyfriend.

I don't *think* I flirt with other men. Not to a large extent anyway. I might be 'flirty' on a night out, but since I've yet to meet anyone I fancy as much as my SO, I've not really had any reason to flirt.

Some girls who flirt when they're attached actually do have intentions. But who cares what their intentions are? If you know they're attached, I would make the decision to not respond either way - it's not on.

I subscribe to the Blanche Devereux school of flirtation:

It keeps you young, keeps you playful, keeps your buttocks tight!

As long as it's just harmless flirtation or appreciation of someone's attractiveness and it doesn't go further than that, I say enjoy.

I second that! I flirt with other guys, and it is indeed harmless. Often these are people I will never see again, or who know that I am already attached. It's just fun, and my boyfriend is totally fine with it.

I flirt occasionally with other guys, but typically guys that are my GOOD friends that my boyfriend knows and likes as well. It's more of just my personality - I'm silly and laugh alot and joke around. It can be seen as flirting, but my boyfriend knows about it and doesn't mind at all. Just like I dont mind him innocently flirting either.

sorry to comment, but i don't think you had to narrow the question to just girls with bfs. i know for a fact girls do it. as long as it's harmless and not going to far as in extreme compliments, touching, exchanging of numbers, etc. or the realm of cheating, what's wrong with flirting? a lot of people do it and don't even realize it.

i've had exs that did it. it never bothered me because they didn't cross what i considered the line.

As long as it's just harmless flirtation or appreciation of someone's attractiveness and it doesn't go further than that, I say enjoy.

I agree with this.

It all depends on your intentions and whether what you are doing is respectful to your boyfriend or not. I've never given a guy a pet name but I've been given pet names by guy friends. A lot of them are in relationships of their own too. Some of them have absolutely no interest in me. It's just innocent fun.

lol, I love The Golden Girls.

I don't think there is anything wrong with innocent flirting. I don't THINK I flirt, if I do it's not in the sense to try to go after someone. I could see where I act around my close male friends could be seen as flirting but it's really banter between close friends who really truly are like brothers to me.

As for nicknames the only person that gets nicknamed is my boyfriend, that is when you have crossed that very fine line.

The question could go for guys too though.

well right now i dont have a boyfriend, but i just got out of a two and a half year relationship. usually when girls do that its because they have a thing for the guy. i can tell you from personal experience, the little nicknames, talking a lot to them, and showing affection usually means there is something there.

Pet names, no way. As for flirting, I don't enjoy flirting that much so I don't flirt with a lot of guys. I do have one great guy friend that I flirt with because we both understand it's all in good fun which keeps the flirting harmless and safe from misinterpretation. We dated once so we make dumb jokes to each other about how we're destined to be married because we are soulmates, etc. etc. It's so farfetched that it's obvious no one is serious, so neither of us ends up leading the other on.

I flirt most with my own boyfriend though! The flirting shouldn't stop once the relationship starts.

It happens a lot with me and it can get a little carried away to the point that I start to think there are real intentions there on her part. I just want to know if this is normal behavior or not and what is possibly going on in the mind of girls that do this.

I think some girls just consider it a fun, harmless way of interacting. In my opinion, if she has a boyfriend, you can be pretty sure she does not have real intentions with you. Maybe you are a safe person she's fond of and feels affection for.

I'm like that with my gay best friend teabee. I flirt with him probably about as much as I would with my boyfriend but OBVIOUSLY nothing is ever gonna happen... I joke and call him my gay boyfriend and it really all is in jist.

Some people would view it as not funny but if you have a secure relationship, I don't think it would matter.

Thanks for all the replies. I have to admit I didn’t realize so many girls think of flirting as nothing serious. I guess I always wonder where the line is. I say this because one particular girl has escalated the level of affection and attention she shows. She even gave me her phone number and started texting me when she has no real reason to. She has invited me to hang out with her as well.

She tends to be quite mushy and cutesy when talking to me, always touching me and wanting to be around me and has hinted that her relationship with her bf is not that serious. On the other side she’ll go through spells of talking about him a lot and saying how great their relationship is.

I could see something between us if she were single. My fear is that I don’t want to go down the road of falling for yet another unattainable girl. I know that as long as she is attached I have to stay away. However she does not make it easy to not fall for her. This is why flirting can be dangerous imo.

I realize its fun to a certain point and even I am guilty of it but it seems to me there are lines you need to be careful not to cross. There are things I simply won’t do or say unless I really like a girl. I feel like she is crossing some of those lines with me and I can tell that I am starting to like her more than I should. I’ve been burned before and I really want to avoid it happening again.

If I had a girl and I found out that she flirted with other guys I would break up with her. I wouldn't be able to trust a girl like that and it is a pretty * * * * ty behaviour if you ask me.

There is absolutley no reason what so ever for a girl to flirt with other guys if she already has a boyfriend.

If I had a girl and I found out that she flirted with other guys I would break up with her. I wouldn't be able to trust a girl like that and it is a pretty * * * * ty behaviour if you ask me.

There is absolutley no reason what so ever for a girl to flirt with other guys if she already has a boyfriend.

You're entitled to that opinion, but if you were secure with yourself and the relationship, it wouldn't matter to you.

I assume my boyfriend flirts with other girls occasionally. It's funny when he's being hit on. I trust him and I know him.

I have a lot of respect for the types of relationships that are secure enough to make room for interacting with, including harmless flirting with, the opposite sex. It means that each partner knows the limits and trusts the other. In the same way, I respect the sorts of relationships where the partners can express finding other people attractive. Plenty of my friends who are in great relationships will still point out an attractive guy and say, "WOW!" They don't stop talking to the opposite sex or looking at the opposite sex just because they are in relationships, and it doesn't mean they are bad girlfriends.

I have a lot of respect for the types of relationships that are secure enough to make room for interacting with, including harmless flirting with, the opposite sex. It means that each partner knows the limits and trusts the other. In the same way, I respect the sorts of relationships where the partners can express finding other people attractive. Plenty of my friends who are in great relationships will still point out an attractive guy and say, "WOW!" They don't stop talking to the opposite sex or looking at the opposite sex just because they are in relationships, and it doesn't mean they are bad girlfriends.

Exactly. Getting into a relationships != having a lobotomy.

I agree.

I think partners should be able to talk about who they find attractive to each other as long as they are respectful. I wouldn't say to him "oh, you're friend jon is hot!" but I might say "this actor is really handsome" or "this singer has an interesting face". My boyfriend gave me permission to make out with a list of male celebrities if the chance came up. We joke about it.

Talking or looking at a guy is not the same as flirting with a guy.

Talking or looking at a guy is not the same as flirting with a guy.

Also, I wonder if, when you think of flirting, you're thinking of something with more dishonesty/mischief and intent than what I consider flirting? To me there is a division between flirting with someone and coming on to someone. When I say flirting, I don't mean batting eyelashes, squeezing boobs together to show off cleavage, and giggling obnoxiously at everything a guy says. Flirting to me is more friendly than anything.

Archived