Does anyone else feels the same way?

dani_katze

Does anyone else feels the same way? In front of people that are negative or aggressive or critical or rude, I get really nervous... If someone criticizes anything about me or something I do within a group, I take it personal and feel that my heart beats faster and if I defend myself I feel that I sweat and my heart beasts more...

There is an issue with my parents when I was a child that makes me feel like this... therefore sometimes I escape from those situations... but I know that I have to face them... but it's so hard for me....

Any advice is welcome.

Dani

pretend when they are talking about you that they are talking about someone else without making it obvious. that is how i got over it and it works. It sounds weird but play some previous experiences out in your head using this example and see how it feels. I use it to this day even though i dont get nervous anymore when getting through criticism. I used to get more angry then nervous though and just needed a way to buy me some time to collect my thoughts without over reacting right away.

Archived