Asking supervisor what went wrong during interview?

Hey guys. I'm in this situation where there was a red flag for a certain answer i said during an interview. I was working for this company under a temp agency since October of 2009. Assignment was pretty much done, because the work load was slow. There are 6 of us in his department, he pulls me out of all them aside, and offers me a full time position for different job under him. I asked him if it was a for sure thing, and he said "yes, I really like your work ethic." I just have to go through the whole process (applying, interview, etc.).

Had my interview on friday, and after work today the recruiter from the agency calls me and says that my assignment is finished. I ask about the permanent position, she told me there was a red flag for one of my answers. When she told me which question it was and my answer, I honestly think he misinterpreted what I said completely and was shocked.

My question is, should I call the supervisor and ask exactly what went wrong? Tell him that he misinterpreted my answer? Or would that be a total waste of time? Sucks, because I really wanted that job and now I'm jobless again ](*,)

I would.

You got nothing to loose by asking and clearing it up. Keep in mind that you mind not end up with the job tho.

I think the recruiter who told you that there was a 'red flag in your answer' was WAY out of line. If it was such a red flag they should have doubled checked considering they liked your work ethic etc.

give him a call. least it give you peace of mind to clear it up. just dont hold on to much hope tho!

Archived