Any advice on shedding a few pounds?

Eat what you would normally eat, but only 2/3 of it. That way you won't feel deprived and you will be consuming fewer calories.

I find the no junk food diets to be quite unsuccessful because eventually you are going to start eating it again and stack the weight back on.

kk so i was doing GREAT 5 pounds and then..we had my cousins baby shower with lots and lots of yummy food and im now im FAT again...

You didn't gain those 5 pounds back in one night. You had a night of splurging, which every once in awhile isn't so bad. Everything in moderation.

You just feel bloated, drink alot of water, it helps flush out the toxins, it even helps speed up your metabolism.

i started running everynight, doing 300 situps when i wake up and before i go sleep. i kinda like litterally forced myself not to eat.i mean i did but the meals werent satisfying my cravings. for breakfast i eat a small bowl of cereal, for snacks i eat fruits, for lunch i eat 8 crackers and dip it in tuna/w a small amount of mayonaise, and for dinner i would eat the samething, once i ate salad. but DONT do what i did!!i gained it all back and a bit more"/and now im CRAVING for food!!and i stop'd excersizing..

SOOOO..

how to maintain a healthy diet?anyone?!

i started running everynight, doing 300 situps when i wake up and before i go sleep. i kinda like litterally forced myself not to eat.i mean i did but the meals werent satisfying my cravings. for breakfast i eat a small bowl of cereal, for snacks i eat fruits, for lunch i eat 8 crackers and dip it in tuna/w a small amount of mayonaise, and for dinner i would eat the samething, once i ate salad. but DONT do what i did!!i gained it all back and a bit more"/and now im CRAVING for food!!and i stop'd excersizing..

SOOOO..

how to maintain a healthy diet?anyone?!

Try running in the morning, it's much better overall. Try something called High Intensity Intervol Training, or HIIT. It works extremely well for weight loss. You basically switch up the intensity of your cardio workout.

As for the 300 situps everday, thats a waste of your time. Not saying crunches are bad. But to do them everyday will get you nowhere. Your abs are muscles to. They need time to recouperate and rebuild after a workout. By doing situps everday, your not allowing them to heal, so you just tear the muscle tissue over n over again, pretty much wasting your time. Also, you can't target train. Ya you do crunches, but what about the rest of your body? if you want to lose weight n feel better. You have to workout your ENTIRE body.

As for your diet, eating too little is just as unhealthy as eating too much. your starving yourself, which slows down your metabolism, so your body will cling to whatever it is you do eat. Hense gaining more weight.

Your selection in food isn't really the problem. it's the amount. Instead of cereal every morning, switch it up. Try porage, or any kind of oatmeal, they both have plenty of iron which is one great source of energy.

For snacks, fruit is definitely a great idea, but if you get sick of that, try nature valley snack bars.

You should be taking in as much protein as you can, tuna is definitely a great source, try to avoid the mayonaise. But theres also chicken, turkey, or fish, salmon, rainbow or whichever you like. Get as much greens in as you can, try broccoli, green beans and yes, salad.

Eating healthy doesn't always have to be torture, you can look up really good recipes for things like parsley, or eggs, you can do almost anything with eggs, another option for breakfast. The more you gain control of your cooking life, the easier it will be to eat healthy. All it really takes is a little research on your computer.

Just remember, everything in moderation, eat often, every 2-3 hours, in small portions. Never undereat, and work out your entire body, do crunches every 3 days if you have to. Run 4-5 days a week, Look up HIIT.

Hope this helps.

K so why is crunches and situps a waste of time? I mean it sounds good to me but why leave that out in my workout. So i looked up HIIT and the workouts seem alot more enjoyable then boring situps and crunches. I think ill try this(:

K so why is crunches and situps a waste of time? I mean it sounds good to me but why leave that out in my workout. So i looked up HIIT and the workouts seem alot more enjoyable then boring situps and crunches. I think ill try this(

I said to do them EVERYDAY is a waste of time. Do it every three days, thats usually how long it takes for you abs to recover from the exersize.

You have to do crunches. You also have to mix them up. Do leg raises as well, you can look up different ab exersizes, theres only a million of them out there

As for HIIT, it really is awesome, it actually does make working out more fun. Lets face it, running is pretty boring, but having to switch up the pace every minute or so is what keeps it interesting. Running with music also makes it more enjoyable.

The reason I said you should run in the morning to, is because when you do HIIT, you trick your body into burning more calories, even after you've finished your workout, up to 36 hours after. So your metabolism speeds up, which breaks down the foods you'll eat through out the day much faster. (Very important for losing weight) If you do HIIT at night, then shower n go to sleep, your wasting that metabolism boost.

Summers right around the corner and I live in HAWAII, Im tryna work on that bathing suit bod. So with that said imma take your advice and switch my excersize and dieting up a notch. You know what I find really hard is tryna avoid the temptation of stuffing my face with pizza or any other take out exspeacially when with family.

Summers right around the corner and I live in HAWAII, Im tryna work on that bathing suit bod. So with that said imma take your advice and switch my excersize and dieting up a notch. You know what I find really hard is tryna avoid the temptation of stuffing my face with pizza or any other take out exspeacially when with family.

Ya, temptation is very hard to cope with, espeically if it's a constant everyday habit. People become creatures of habit with their diet and lack of exersize.

The best way to avoid that, is to get your family involved with your eating habits. If thats outta the question, then get rid of the junk food in your house, avoid eating out at fast food places. Not only are you saving calories, but your saving alotta money over time.

It helps alot more when the people around you know that your trying to eat better and live a healthier lifestyle. This way they encourage you, and can even help you when you do get tempted. Who knows, maybe you'll inspire the people close to you to take part in a healthier lifestyle.

Its' really hard at first, it's a big change, working out and eating healthy isn't just something you do on the side, it's a lifestyle, a complete change in it.

It will be hard at first, as most things involving change is. But eventually it will all be second nature to you, give it time.

Yea as soon my dad recovers from surgery, hes gonna start working out again. Which is a plus because if my dad starts working out then everybody else is gonna wanna join in. Thanks for everything, your tips are really helpful. You should be a personal trainer.L0lz(:

Yea as soon my dad recovers from surgery, hes gonna start working out again. Which is a plus because if my dad starts working out then everybody else is gonna wanna join in. Thanks for everything, your tips are really helpful. You should be a personal trainer.L0lz(

Your welcome anytime. Hope you stick to it

Archived