Teen Pregnancy?

car_or_me

There has been a lot of talk about teens becoming mothers.

just wondering your thoughts about teen mothers?

being a teen myself i think its okay as long as you can take care of the child.

but i would like to know your thoughts?

There has been a lot of talk about teens becoming mothers.

just wondering your thoughts about teen mothers?

being a teen myself i think its okay as long as you can take care of the child.

but i would like to know your thoughts?

Show me a teen who can. I really doubt any teenager can support a child.

It just ends up being the parents.

I think it's a great way to screw up your life and potential harm another human being.

I'm a teen mother, read some of my posts to find out the tons and tons of baggage that comes with it. Very few teen moms turn out the way I'm trying to. It's nearly impossible to do on your own, and saying the job of being a mother is constant is selling it short, its so much more than that. I'm not saying I regret it, because I hit the jackpot and have the most well behaved and incredible two year old I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. She changed my life for the better because I was going down a far worse road.

I personally only know one person who was a teen parent (15) and her parents took care of the kid while she finished high school and college.

All the other young parents (early 20s) I've known have gotten financial support from parents or government. I can't imagine there are many out there who make it completely on their own, unless they have an older/rich partner who is able to able to support them.

In my opinion, it's generally a bad idea, but sometimes accidents occur and people decide to continue on with pregnancies. Maybe it's not such a bad thing if it's something they want and the grandparents are happy to fork out the cash. I can't imagine this would be common though.

I'm a teen mother, read some of my posts to find out the tons and tons of baggage that comes with it. Very few teen moms turn out the way I'm trying to. It's nearly impossible to do on your own, and saying the job of being a mother is constant is selling it short, its so much more than that. I'm not saying I regret it, because I hit the jackpot and have the most well behaved and incredible two year old I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. She changed my life for the better because I was going down a far worse road.

Your child is lucky that you are being responsible. I have nothing but respect for your handling of the situation and your honesty. Some young girls are actually trying to get pregnant to have the love of a baby. But, being a good mother (or father) is to be selfless.

i've had thoughts about having a kid im 18 i don't know if that is conisder a teen.

but i also decide for the best im going to wait till im 21

Why so soon? It's so early in life to have a child at 21. Get everything you want to do out of the way first. It will be much harder to accomplish your dreams after you have a child.

Why so soon? It's so early in life to have a child at 21. Get everything you want to do out of the way first. It will be much harder to accomplish your dreams after you have a child.

I consider because of health problems. since i might not be able to when im older. i was wanting to sooner

i've had thoughts about having a kid im 18 i don't know if that is conisder a teen.

but i also decide for the best im going to wait till im 21

18 is young. An adult, legally, yes, but you're still a teen and your still young, and you still have a very long road ahead of you before you can even think about having a baby.

What about getting a part time job? Going out with friends, having fun? What about getting into college and learning and experiencing so many amazing things that can happen there? What about finding the perfect person, to marry him and then you can FINALLY decide if you want children or not?

Life takes time. Babies are expensive and require ALL of your time and attention. It's not a fun job, and it's a very hard one. Being a mother is the hardest job in the world- You get long hours with no breaks, no pays, and some people may even not acknowledge your hard work and dedication. It takes a very strong woman to have a baby to take care of.

21 may be a bit older but none of the less, it's the age where people start drinking alcohol and hitting the clubs, or even still having fun with friends.

Enjoy being young. One day you'll wake up, 30 something years old, and start to miss the good old days. Good luck!

Your child is lucky that you are being responsible. I have nothing but respect for your handling of the situation and your honesty. Some young girls are actually trying to get pregnant to have the love of a baby. But, being a good mother (or father) is to be selfless.

Thanks, it really means so much to me when people say this to me. So many girls in my situation still feel like their lives are still about partying, and just generally about them, but when you have a child, or at least when I did, every goal and aspiration I have in life has now changed to give my daughter the best life imaginable.

OP-- ask to babysit someone elses young child for an extended period, like a few days.. You'll soon come to realize how midnight feedings take a toll on your mind. Also, kiss your teenage body goodbye. I was hot stuff, and still two years later, I keep covered up because that cute little body I had is now nothing to look at. You dont want to have a body you're ashamed of by the age of 20. That's wasting valuable years!

what do you think of these shows coming on tv?

like teen mom or 16 & pregnant

I find them difficult to watch.

I'd like to think they were supposed to be used as deterrents, but based on what I've read online from teen girls, it might actually be encouraging teen pregnancy.

I find them difficult to watch.

I'd like to think they were supposed to be used as deterrents, but based on what I've read online from teen girls, it might actually be encouraging teen pregnancy.

agreed on the encouraging.

i looked the mothers on facebook.

and teens were saying they want to get pregnant just to be like the teen moms

Also for people telling me 18 is to young, im also very sick don't know if i will be able to have kids in the future.

i've been dating the same guy for 8 years. and we were hoping to have kids of our own.

but we are trying to wait to see about my health

agreed on the encouraging.

i looked the mothers on facebook.

and teens were saying they want to get pregnant just to be like the teen moms

Those girls are living in fantasy worlds and just want to play house. A lot of times they are using the child to get attention or to get someone that loves them. But, that's not how it works. The men rarely stick around. They often never finish their education. And their children are in more stressful positions than they need to be.

Get an education. Become financially secure. Cross some To Do's off your list. Then think about marriage and children.

Also for people telling me 18 is to young, im also very sick don't know if i will be able to have kids in the future.

i've been dating the same guy for 8 years. and we were hoping to have kids of our own.

but we are trying to wait to see about my health

What's wrong? What are your exact concerns? That you'll be infertile later or that you won't live as long?

i won't live long.

cancer.

I think you should really think about the consequences when having a child while terminally ill.

While pregnant you will not be able to receive a lot of your care. Chemotherapy and drugs will not be an option. This will make your sickness progress. Also, the added stress of pregnancy will weaken your already compromised immune system.

If you go through the pregnancy with limited complications, you also have to deal with the fact that you may die early in this child's life. Consider how hard a child would have that.

While I cannot possibly understand the feeling of urgency you have to live a full life, I do think having a child early when you feel you will die young is not a good decision.

I think it's a great way to screw up your life and potential harm another human being.

See if I had a daughter who got pregnant I would sit her down and tell her that while I'll support her with whatever choice she makes, if she keeps the baby then she cannot at all expect me to raise it for her while she lives her life like a normal teenager. I would do stuff like babysit every now and then but she would be the one who'd have to take care of the baby every day and get up with it in the night when it cries. Being a parent isn't easy and if she made that choice then she has to accept that she can't just leave the baby with parents whenever she wants to go out with friends.

My mum was my age (21) when she had me and even that feels too young in my eyes. I don't want kids myself but I know that *If* I ever changed my mind I wouldn't have them till I was 30! That way I'd still have my 20's to be young and free.

wow. guess i screwed up my life, got pregnant at 16. the father left, got a job after the baby was born and managed to support my son financially with the help of childcare assistance, stayed in school and finished, even went to college. its not always left on the parents.

I had my first son at 17, not planned obviously and no I was not having u protected s*x either!

I had to grow up very very quickly! I had jsut started college so deferred it for a year then went back when he was 8 months. Studied at night when he was asleep beside me and went to college full time during the day. Did not have much of a life nor got to travel but I did 7 years in college have a very godo job now (he is 10 in June) jsut bought my own house. I will say it was tough being a single young mum is very tough and there were days when I really struggled, financially and emotionally but I could not think of myself my baby had to come first. he is the best thing that ever happened to me and I can say that now.

I now have another little boy he is 10 months and my first son is fantastic with him. I would not change anything but I still think sometimes of what I went through and what I would liked to of done etc.

Your very young to be thinking of having a baby, it changes everything, not necessarily ina bad way, as I said I would never change it but that was my personal situation!

Also I have great family and friends who were there for me to allow me to study etc...

what do you think of these shows coming on tv?

like teen mom or 16 & pregnant

I think if anything they should be a shining beacon as to why you should wait to become pregnant until you are older, married or in a long term committed relationship, educated, financially stable, and ready to be parents.

Archived