How long does a breakup last!?!?!

Tiffy576

There's something wrong about breaking up wen it takes 6 days and the person who waqnts the break up to happen is still acts, and brings up topics that should only be brought up with a partner and not an ex!

Breif history, we both love eachother but leigh has got it into her head that she doesnt deserve me, not good enough for me, in her own words and thinks id be better off without her wen we both love eachother - and its taking 6 days now of us debating this whole thing and how i keep telling her i dont want her to be amazing i just want her as she is...

...yet im confused as hell cause we still love eachother so it doesnt feel like weve broken up at all - the things that get brought up in conversation just isnt something id say ex couple are meant to talk about and neither one of us can just cut the other out cause I still want to be with her and leigh must still want to be with me cause she hasnt done so either yet wen i bring it up that we should just stay together she says she doesnt feel good enough.....but we have too much of a connection to just ingore it.

am i being daft in trying to get her torealise that i dont need her to be anything special, she as she is , is perfect for me, i havent asked her to do anything amazing and she keeps coming back to me day after day and I dont want that to stop - i know its not going to stop but i want to have the official title back!

I'm going to tell you something that's going to sound a little harsh, but please, just hear what I'm saying and imagine the gentle tone I intend: Leave high school behind.

You can date and enjoy somebody without a commitment. That's what adults do. It appears she wants to see you, but also not feel confined within a "serious relationship". Adults date. Unless and until there's an engagement ring on her finger, she should feel free to not be part of a couple.

Can you just enjoy her?

I'm sorry but that whole shes not good enough for you thing is crap basically, theres something shes not telling you. If you think someone is too good for you you count your blessings your with them and try your best not to mess it up, not dump them. I'm really sorry, but this stinks of deceit...

ok wat the hell - she has just said she still sees us as a couple and wants it to be just us but at the same time wants me to give her time.............i give up

Welcome to my world! It's been 4 months since my 'boyfriend' threw me that line... I'm still giving him time but after 4 months since he gave me the line I have now been in strict NC for 1 month, I am making NO attempt to initiate contact with him, if he needs time and space he can have it but there's no way he can have me sitting in the background to massage his ego as and when he wants it. I still want him so much but what can I do if he says he needs time? It's all really unfair - what about MY needs?! It's just so frustrating!

I don't want to sounds overly harsh but in most cases the breakup translation for "I'm not good enough for you" is "you're not good enough for me"

Yeeah thats what i was pitching up there ^^^^^

May be a abit of a case of Grass is greener syndrome to be honest. I'd be careful about trusting her at the minute and believing the whole she still sees you as a couple thing. Pull back abit, dont put all your heart into it right now, that was if it does turn out bad you'll be a little prepared.

I'm sorry your going through this

Archived