Might start dating again...if I have the balls.

Hey,

So..I am almost 3 months out of my 2.5 year relationship and moving on has been a drastic yet relatively quick process. I am not healed but it seems the next thing for me is to start dating again.

I have started a new job and there are some girls there that I like. One girl today asked if she could sit with us (us being me and the others on my team) and I said yeah. She said she was the only person on her team and was lonely so wanted company but my friend thinks she asked to sit by us because she likes me. I don't know though - I thought she was just being friendly.

The big problem is - I am still scared to ask people out or to even know how to go about it all. I guess I am think way too much into things at this stage and just need to take a step back and continue my healing until I feel ready and confident enough to pursue someone (if this ever happens).

This is a good sign right? that I am having these thoughts for other people.

I suggest that your first attempt at dating should be with someone out of your workplace. Even if she's on a different team. However, you seem a bit in doubt and it would be better to not rush into it and feel sorry later.

Very wise words. Ofcourse do what you feel is right, you don't want to miss out but there is wisdom in "don't screw the crew".

I suggest that your first attempt at dating should be with someone out of your workplace. Even if she's on a different team. However, you seem a bit in doubt and it would be better to not rush into it and feel sorry later.

Yeah. You're right. I felt quite pressured when my friend said that it was because she liked me. As if I should be making some sort of move but there is no rush. I don't need to be with someone and I certainly don't need to date the first girl that shows me attention.

I think building the friendship will be a good way forward from here. She's a nice girl and we have friends in common.

Very wise words. Ofcourse do what you feel is right, you don't want to miss out but there is wisdom in "don't screw the crew".

Thanks. Being friendly and flirty is what feels right to me at the moment. There is no point forcing something, especialy as I am not in the right place emotionally.

I met my ex in work. Somehow it felt like it should be doomed from the start but it wasn't. She met her previous boyfriend in work too and strangely has left me to pursue some guy from her new job. So it seems as though each time she switches job she switches guys lol.

Also, she has dumped people like this before. She told me once how she dumped her boyfriend by sleeping with a new guy on Christmas eve and then dumping all of his belongings on his lawn Christmas day. How did I not see the warning signs. Seems as though I am another notch on her list of dumped guys who just couldn't keep her happy.

I guess this new guy really is the 'one' though.

Also, she has dumped people like this before. She told me once how she dumped her boyfriend by sleeping with a new guy on Christmas eve and then dumping all of his belongings on his lawn Christmas day. How did I not see the warning signs. Seems as though I am another notch on her list of dumped guys who just couldn't keep her happy.

I suppose she thinks that little heartwarming story makes her look good...she sounds like a good match for my ex. He gave me some BS about his previous GF and how he dumped her in a horrible way too. I'm sure mine was lying, but what does this say about someone who would tell you something like this? To me it sounds like she's a heartless beyotch and you'll be way better off without her in your life.

Archived