My location sucks.

inactivecash

Hey everyone,

I live in a very small town in England. I'm 22 and like to go clubbing every weekend to the only club we have. I really want to meet someone but it is so hard because of my town.

When me and my mates go out we basically know EVERYONE. There will never be a night where we see someone new.

It's so small and crap and people are very intertwined with each other. If I 'pulled' a girl in my town I can guarentee she's also pulled someone else I know and it's weird!

I'm alright looking I guess and muscular but lack confidence and feel the need to find someone, but knowone is taking my fancy here!

I went out of town and had a good time - all new faces, saw plenty of girls that were my type but unfortuntley I was driving and couldn't drink therefore had zilch confidence.

There is NOTHING else to do in this stupid town, there are no activities - I go to the gym regularly as this is the only place to go. All we have is pubs and shops.

Is anyone else in the same situtation or have been once upon a time?

Go to University or college in a new town far away from home. It will totally change you. I've just started University after living in a tiny village in Scotland with nothing but old people and people who talk about everyone else in the village. You will meet hundreds of new people, and hundreds of girls who will want to find out about you. There are also hundreds of things to do, and lots of club nights where you meet people from different countries.

Easier said than done my friend! I'd miss all my friends and family... But I dunno, maybe...

Is moving house just so you can meet new people a good enough reason?

If it's having such a bad effect on your life, then yes. I'm sure web developers can work anywhere, can't they?

Why not join a course of some sorts that will take you out of your town.

Or go to another town with your friends for the weekend, and go clubbing somewhere else, a big city near to you.

I try and organise this all the time but then again - why meet someone who lives so far away? It would never work.

there isnt any need for me to go to uni or collage.

I dont know, you spelled college wrong lol

just kidding, I too live in a small town where everyone knows everyone, but I'm lucky Edinburgh isn't far away, neither is Dundee.

I guess if your self employed as a web developer, why not just move?

Archived