Coffee date!

KevinR

Gah! I've got a girl to agree to go to coffee with me, and I'm pretty confident I know how to act and what to do, but I've got nerves like crazy. She seems pretty awesome from the conversations we've had thus far, so I want this to go as well as possible.

How do I make sure it is successful? Any tips are appreciated. Also, how do I know if things are going well enough to ask for a more serious date (a little presumptuous, but I want to know in case it goes well)? Or is that something I shouldn't ask about then, but should wait a few days and then ask?

Well, you know...the usual. Don't just talk about yourself, ask about her life, likes, etc. If you have a good time, by all means ask if she would be interested in dinner or whatever. I don't believe in the three-day rule. If you like somebody, let them know!

Gah! I've got a girl to agree to go to coffee with me, and I'm pretty confident I know how to act and what to do, but I've got nerves like crazy. She seems pretty awesome from the conversations we've had thus far, so I want this to go as well as possible.

How do I make sure it is successful? Any tips are appreciated. Also, how do I know if things are going well enough to ask for a more serious date (a little presumptuous, but I want to know in case it goes well)? Or is that something I shouldn't ask about then, but should wait a few days and then ask?

You can only do so much. You can say all the right things and be yourself and have it not work out. Just get to know each other, and at the end of the date, determine by what the vibe is like whether or not to ask her out again. Keep things light and on her. Get the two of you laughing and comfortable with each other.

Just be yourself, you will feel nervous, but make light of it. HAVE FUN. Laugh, make jokes.

As for asking for another date. I always believe in establishing nother date before the end of the first one, but only if I feel she would be interested. If you have had a lot of fun on the coffee meet up and she seems to have too (ie she has laughed a lot, smiled at you, asked you questions), then drop in the line something like... "this was fun, I'd like to do this again?", "would you like to hang out again sometime", or if it went really well..."Can I see you again?" Note two things, the use of the world 'again' and it's a general question. If she says yes... giver her a couple of days and ring her with a suggestion of something more substantial (but make it something you can talk some more - not be stuck in a theatre or unable to talk - something fun)

I'm in the situation where my coffee date went fantastic - 5 hours, in fact - and just before I if we could catch up again, she suggested we get together for a rock climbing session. WIN!

Just so everyone knows, it went awesomely! My nerves were gone within minutes of her first showing up, and we got along super well. We were laughing and joking the whole time, it really couldn't have gone any better.

Plus, we're in the process of figuring out when to hang out again.

We were laughing and joking the whole time, it really couldn't have gone any better.

that's good, that means she's probably into you. I've noticed that if they're interested, they will laugh even if you're not saying funny things. On the other hand, if she's not interested, you could be cracking jokes funnier than a pro stand-up comedian and not get a laugh from her at all.

Archived