I was reading several threads that made me decide to gather up a few websites in the past that helped me get over it (along with the old cliche - time).

Although, I'm no longer in pain and is actually in a much better place. I want all of you to know that you can, and you will get over it... due time.

Enjoy and stay strong.

These are a lot of websites by Tigress Luv (don't worry, I'm not promoting anything)

This one is for the ladies:

link removed

Here are some others:

link removed

link removed

link removed

link removed

link removed

Handling Rejection:

link removed

link removed

link removed

Letting Go:

link removed

Something for the ladies (sorry fellas, no need to take it personally)

If A Man Wants You

If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away; if he doesn't want you, nothing can make him stay.

If a man is into you, nothing will keep him from seeing you or contacting you.

Stop making excuses for a man and his behavior.

Allow your intuition (or spirit) to save you from heartache.

Stop trying to change yourself for a relationship that's not meant to be.

Slower is better.

Never live your life for a man before you find what makes you truly happy.

If a relationship ends because the man was not treating you as you deserve then heck no, you can't "be friends." A friend wouldn't mistreat a friend.

Do not settle. If you feel like he is stringing you along, then he probably is.

Don't stay because you think "it will get better." You'll be mad at yourself a year later for staying when things are not better.

The only person you can control in a relationship is you.

Avoid men who've got a bunch of children by a bunch of different women – there is no respect.

Always have your own set of friends separate from his.

Maintain boundaries in how a guy treats you. If something bothers you, speak up.

Never let a man know everything. He may use it against you later.

You can not change a man's behavior; change comes from within.

Don't EVER make him feel he is more important than you are...even if he has more education or has a better job. Do not make him into a quasi-god, he is a man, nothing more nothing less.

Never let a man define who you are.

And NEVER borrow someone else's man.

Oh Lord! If he cheated with you, he will cheat on you!

A man will only treat you the way you ALLOW him to treat you.

All men are NOT dogs.

You should not be the one doing all the bending.. compromise is a two-way street.

You need time to heal between relationships...there is nothing cute about baggage...deal with your issues before pursuing a new relationship.

You should never look for someone to COMPLETE you, a relationship consists of two WHOLE individuals…look for someone complimentary...not supplementary.

Dating is fun...even if he doesn't turn out to be Mr. Right.

Make him miss you sometimes...when a man always knows where you are, and you're always readily available to him - he takes it for granted.

Don't fully commit to a man who doesn't give you everything that you need. Keep him in your radar but get to know others.

Share this with other ladies, you'll make someone SMILE, another RETHINK her choices, and another woman PREPARED.

Random Quotes:

- “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.”

- “When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.”

- “Watching you walk out of my life does not make me bitter or cynical about love. But rather makes me realize that if I wanted so much to be with the wrong person how beautiful it will be when the right one comes along.”

- “There’s no need to miss someone from your past. There’s a reason they didn’t make it to your future”

- “There are things that we never want to let go of, people we never want to leave behind. But keep in mind that letting go isn’t the end of the world, it’s the beginning of a new life.”

- “Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to.”

- "Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes, just be an illusion."

“Watching you walk out of my life does not make me bitter or cynical about love. But rather makes me realize that if I wanted so much to be with the wrong person how beautiful it will be when the right one comes along.”

wow, this one especially . . . thanks

The book Everything You Always Wanted to Know About EX is good, too

link removed

However, if you don't have the willpower to stay NIC until you are truly just friends (ie no jealousy, no lust, no compulsions to call and plot to get them back, no making yourself available when you should say no) there is only so much motivational self-help will do. Still- it's helpful to hear someone else say it and at least while you're reading, it overrides the yearning/obsessive self-talk.

Archived